Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Lasoya needs banned

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
ah, and I suppose the chair-bound old 'uns were easy meat for them too. Clever lilies!!
Remember the fish shaped stingers they had that left a nasty mark when they slapped you round the face? Horror at it's best. Ugliest actor ever too, but then beards were cooler in those days...

I checked my mails, and unless you have been sending me penis enlargement mails (again), there was nothing there...

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
As for legal action for a close up paintball shot..... hard to prove anything as four seconds earlier, putting 20bps into him was all part of the game.
Any legal action would have to prove that it could have caused serious injury.... which probably wouldn't be such a great thing for the rest of us.
Agreed. That's why I wouldn't press the issue. Still, that's the risk taken when someone treats sports equipment like a weapon. Never know who is gonna do what... which is part of why it was so irresponsible to do in the first place.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
I am no expert on boxing, but I was under the impression that gloves make it safer. Also, there would be some problem if a boxer punched another boxer between rounds, right?

Not a bad analogy, given that the use of the equipment is basically the same in either context, although getting blasted by either when the game is not on is different than during the game. Right?

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Yeah, I think that is the best thing for the paintball world, too. I just think that at present, someone could feel that paintball doesn't police itself all that well, and that they might want to appeal to outside authorities (although that could be bad for all of us). The way that Oakland/ Infamous are handling it seems pretty good to me.

re: email- gotta make a few calls.

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
I think letting the teams handle it is a mistake, not in this case, but generally. There should be set penalties applied to the individuals by the league IN ADDITION to any penalties the team wants to impose.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Yeah, I have to agree there. I think that in this case, the team response to it helped things seem more professionally managed, since the league's penalty was somewhat mild-seeming. Still, I feel that paintball is endangered by stuff like this, as it blurs a boundary between assault and what we do. The more clear that boundary, and the less tempting to cross it, the better. Paintball is simulated violence, IMO.