Division 4

Redz Novice 555
Wolf Pack 550
Blackstar 485
Monkey Love 480
Menace 480
Equilibrium 295
Storm Novice 215

Were the prizes for Div 4 handed out? We stayed for the prize giving but didn't see the div 4 prizes being given out?!:confused:

Well done to Redz Novice (sorry and thanks - hopefully you know what for:rolleyes: :) ).

The scores show that Div 4 was the toughest - closest spread of points out of all the divisions! Can't believe we missed out on third by 10 points - two eliminations. Doh!

Off the top of my head - Wolf beat Redz, we beat wolf but lost to Redz... How does that work :D

We tried something new throughout the day and it did seem to be working to some extent - can't tell you what or it'll spoil the surprise for next time... Right back to training to work on those Jedi Mind Tricks - Return of the Jedi next Saturday!!! [yoda] Control. You most learn control. [/yoda]

Finally well done to:

Goober, Terry, Puffy, Lurch, Pinki, James and Chris...
I enjoyed yesterday more than the other tourneys we played recently, shame i won't be playing again until the run up to Campaign. It's a tough choice between coaching and balling but i really should serve my country!!! :rolleyes: I might try and make the occasional meeting and come down and shout at you during training. :D

Oh - Doug and Andy sort your diaries out!!! You missed a cracker!:D :D :D

And well done to the marshalls - it was hard enough playing yesterday besides being out in that heat all day. Well done!!!

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Re: Re: DIVISION 5 TEAMS

Originally posted by Y2chris99
+ m8 u really should learn 2 count it was 6th not 7th. i dont remember us laughing at u after beating u in 30 secs so shut up
Actually I seem to remember you guys were laughing for weeks after beating most of the div 4 teams at Leg 2.

And keeping your equipment in working order is part of being a good team. Everyone has trouble with their guns from time to time, but it's not the other teams' fault.

I know a bit of lighthearted cajoling is part and parcel of playing competitively, but most teams retain at least the vestiges of modesty and sportsmanship :rolleyes:

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Not the negative stuff unless they are followed up with fool proof suggestions on how to make them better.:( The other M25 thread is ridiculous.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Well, we're all out there to enjoy ourselves, aren't we? If you're too busy trying to prove how you're better than everyone else, you can't have any fun.

I, and the rest of Bad Taste, all had a great day, with the glorious weather, superb playing surface, and handy nearby bar :D Our experience of the marshalling was only good, but obviously there are always as many views on that topic as the are teams! Overall, in my opinion the best M25 leg yet, and I'm anxiously keeping my fingers crossed that I'm able to play the next leg, and not stitched up by my work :(

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Well, we're all out there to enjoy ourselves, aren't we? If you're too busy trying to prove how you're better than everyone else, you can't have any fun.
Oh, is that where i'm going wrong?:D

I just hope we get to use that venue again next year.

Work means I can't play ball again until half way through August now and i'm hoping i'll still have a place on the team by then... We keep seeming to get more players.:rolleyes:

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
As I said in that "other" thread - without a doubt this last leg was the best organised, laid out, run and enjoyed so far. If it carries on this way we won't be that far short of the "perfection" that everybody is lusting for.

And for a new team in their first tournament, we're having a great time! Couldn't be a better introduction to the sport!

:D:D:D

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
i've held back from speaking so far due to our positioning and not wanting to appear bias.

i have played quite a few tournies in the time i've been playin including the southwest and temple with various teams.

this was by far the best tourny i have played yet, the venue was impressive, the layout great. there may have been some dubious calls which i'd like to add i did not experience, but again the number of games and weather would take their toll on anyone working all day in the heat.

now i'm not trying to fuel the 'debate' on bad calls, games lost, inexperienced marshalls etc but it does appear that some teams post tournie analysis involves slagging of the marshalls performence and tourney organisers which i find un-acceptable. maybe those same people should also be looking at themselves to see what kind of example they are setting to teams who are not so experienced. why play the game if you don't enjoy yourselves? i understand pressure from sponsers encourages you to get results but i feel some of the opinions posted on here will reflect badly on your teams and therefore your sponsers.

my 2p worth
comment if you want but don't try and get a rise cos you won't