Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 5th Leg Bricket Wood 20th Of July

trigger_finger

May 11, 2003
Visit site
although i have only been on this forum for a short while i have played for many years and now spectate due to health issues

i am aware that your first big tourney was m25 as a team but
seeing as you have been mainly fielding players from establihsed teams that have played campaign ect does this really make them novices?

and as for sand bagging is it as easy contacting the organizer and stating the team will be fielding novice players at said m25 event :D :D :D

The Mighty Dwarf

paintball whore
Nov 10, 2002
UK hertfordshire
www.walkonzone.com
trigger, i admit i have played campaign cup twice this year will be three time last year i got shot out of every game bar two on the break and nearly gave this game up, as for go-one and his paintball career its a lot more than mine. i am also coming into my third year of play

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
FAO trigger_finger

I'm surprised that you seem to feel the need to come on here and cast aspersions at Team Zone and Go-one in particular. Go-one's rankings are based purely and simply on mathematical formulae, using the results from the M25 events played to date. I checked the reasoning behind his points allocation when he first started work on this and agreed with him. I find this information quite useful as it saves me looking back through 4 spreadsheets and trying to work out whether e.g. 3rd place in Div 3 out of 5 is worth more or less than 6th place in Div 2 out of 4. However, as we all know, these rankings are based on M25 results only and so I then have to consider other results from the teams, both UK tournaments and abroad. As such, the ranking system gives an indication to the draw but is NOT the difinitive version.

Of course anyone can try to cheat by misinforming the organisers - we had one team who insisted that they were complete novices and had never played in a tournament, and it turned out they'd been playing for around a year elsewhere in the country. Of course, that's the team who cancelled their deposit cheque without telling anyone, leaving a hole in the teams list we could have easily filled.:rolleyes:

However I too am not exactly a complete and utter newby when it comes to paintball, so I can normally tell when someone is "trying it on". People also know that maybe they can pull a fast one ONCE, but it would never happen again. Yes, I do get mails and PMs saying a certain team is trialling new players occasionally, and equally I get mails and PMs from teams saying they have a highly ranked guest that month. I will consider these messages and sometimes very rarely they may influence what division a team is put into, usually only if it was a close decision which division that team should be in and if I know the team involved and can trust them implicitly NOT to try to cheat. Most of the time a message will only affect a team's positioning if they ask to play UP a division, not down.

I wouldn't have bothered to defend how we do the divisions, but in this case you've attacked someone else who happens to belong to a team who have always been very happy to play wherever I decide to put them, even to the degree that they showed some disappointment when they were placed in a LOWER division than they expected

The Mighty Dwarf

paintball whore
Nov 10, 2002
UK hertfordshire
www.walkonzone.com
I will say we are not cheats and will not cheat, all we do is train and ask for advice from those we train with, paintball is something we enjoy with a passion. for me when that passion ends i will stop playing paintball.

But those that know my team will know we are not sand bagging but just play fair and hard,

go-one

Originally posted by trigger_finger

i am aware that your first big tourney was m25 as a team but
seeing as you have been mainly fielding players from establihsed teams that have played campaign ect does this really make them novices?

Well considering my previous team 'Thunder' Only ever player millenium as NOVICE, and I have done more milleniums than most of the team combind then YES they are novices by the present ranking system. But by your reasoning then Equilibrium should also move up as most of the team have played milleniums, In fact lets put Feral Jesters in Div 1 cos theyve been around since the splatmaster and must have done at least 5 + millenium events !!!

Just cos you paid your deposit and played a millenium event does not suddenly make you a wounder Am team, If that was the case My first team, GAME OVER would be pro by now, comming 59 & 53 (ish) out of 60 at Mayhem 94 & 95 !!!!!

Hi

I think you are being very un fair on team zone, They are doing things the right way a great bunch of guys who love the sport, get on and are very commited to what they are doing.

Steve Brind the captain is a freind of mine and I am very proud to be able to say that, it dose not come with a licence to sand bag.

I first met Steve as a new player 3 summers ago he had lots of raw talent and had just joined his first team. Bless him poor love spent most of last year out of paintball and was only just about able to hobble to campaign due to knee injuries. So best part of his second year out of the game. Stu was playing for thunder and often to be found training at my site last year. He a lovley guy :D

No offence lads this is hardly the making of a super team, but they have been training and training not just on their own but with lots of teams and working really hard.

Sand bagging hell no sir as freinds of mine they won't get a chance to. Not that my self or Liz need a crow bar to prize them out of a lower divition, they have always been very happy to move up and with a better grace than some teams.

Zone are an insperation, it just shocks me no ones picked them up yet to sponsor. Surley this is what sponsors should be looking for a freindly motivated dedicated team playing fair and producing results.

Go one's ranking system is purley that his project and if it helps liz then great but it dose not dictate my Tournements divitions.

I hope your all in good form, I look forward to seeing you all sunday. I hope you have all checked your kit over and wish you all luck and a happy fun day of balling :D