Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 leg 3 Dunstable May 18 - the draw

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by cockersrule
it does seem a bit crazy constantly changing teams around.......cos then how can they win a division????:confused:
win a Division???? our AM team would like an opportunity to win a game!!!!!!!

they scored 50 points in the last leg....does that not say something about them being in the PRO div????!!!!:mad:

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
as a suggestion, why dont you keep the 4 pro teams in their own division and play each other twice, at the end of the day Sparklie has built this series on Millennium Practice, and this would be excatly that!!

trigger_finger

May 11, 2003
Visit site
it's starting to look like the divisions to a degree are pulled out of a hat as there seem to at each leg there has been grumbles about who goes where and the grumbles seem to be right

as for teams entering with new players well i dont see why that team should be allowed to stay down a division at the end ofthe day it' the teams name what is looked at so if they wish to change divisions then they should change there name
would a team going to campaign against other international team be able to call the organiser and say "hello mate can you put our mainly am team in with the novices this time cos we got a new player thats not played much" i don't thimk that this would happen
as lots of people have said sparklie is aiming high trying to give people a tourney to compare with campaign and from what i can see it's biggest problem is the divisions PLEASE SORT IT OUT BEFORE PEOPLE STOP GOING

As AFAIK I'm their only guest (and hence new blood) then she prolly thought that was about me.
so does that mean your team zones only different play if so there is no reason for them to be kept down they would probaly want to be in division 2 because they have been working hard

just a suggestion if the person doing the divisions are unsure of the teams it would be a good idea that when teams enter for the first time they have to submit a brief profile containging how long each team member has been playing tourneys, what torneys they have played in the last year, what level they played at and what score they got
this way you would have a reffernce to check rather than just how they played the last time they watched

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Originally posted by Liz
As Cockersrule says, there are only actually 4 proper Pro teams entered so some Am teams have had to join them. Again, difficult to know whether by Storm Am you meant the team previously called Storm 2, or what was previously called Storm 3.
To get the right number of teams in each division hard choices have had to be made between teams of very similar ability (in more trhan one division), and in the case of Team Zone it really came down to experience. And since when was Beaker classed as Pro?!? Highest I've ever seen him play was Am.
Well if that was even the case Liz did you see the scores by both storm 2, and 3. Storm 3 didnt get nowhere near as many points as the Uk Marshalls, or Dark Ritual or Tigers Kidz for that matter. If you actually read the scores i feel you would have had a different opinion, and placed accordingly. Plus details were made to Sparklie via Gaff about how we are a high novice/ lowish AM B!!!!

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
If I asked all of you your opinions on the correct placings of teams in divisions, I could virtually guarantee I would have the majority of teams saying they should be in a lower division. There is a brief of 4 divisions of 8 teams set in stone, and a variety of abilities, results and experience to take into consideration. I will speak to Sparklie and ask if the divisions can be reviewed (though she did agree them before anything was posted), though with the numbers and teams entered it would be another interesting exercise and just a different list of teams unhappy with their positions.

Re Storm, I was only given the list which said Am after the name, no note saying Am B or novice standard so my apologies for that misunderstanding. I can only go on the info given.

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by trigger_finger

would a team going to campaign against other international team be able to call the organiser and say "hello mate can you put our mainly am team in with the novices this time cos we got a new player thats not played much" i don't thimk that this would happen

i agree totally except when you enter a Millennium or other tourney, if you enter as AM, or Nov that is where you are playing! if you sandbag then its you that look stupid! we specifically asked not to be considered for the Pro div, and said that we would prefer Div 3 (AM Bish)

Originally posted by trigger_finger

as lots of people have said sparklie is aiming high trying to give people a tourney to compare with campaign and from what i can see it's biggest problem is the divisions PLEASE SORT IT OUT BEFORE PEOPLE STOP GOING

if it carries on like this, i think there will be lots of teams finding other tournies, or training!

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by Liz

Re Storm, I was only given the list which said Am after the name, no note saying Am B or novice standard so my apologies for that misunderstanding. I can only go on the info given.
even so Liz, remember that little tourney.....what a few weeks ago when STORM were placed incorrectly? oh and they managed to score a whole 50points all day!!

sorry but this is not good, there are loads of teams below them in the latest set of divisions, that have played and scored much much better than any second STORM team, it really is not that difficult!

Dave S ECI

ECI + HFT
Jul 17, 2001
53rd and 3rd
Visit site
Gaff: As you yourself have said Storm am are a mainly nov/ am B team, might it not make more sense to call them Storm Nov. in future?

Liz: Overall the divisions look fine to me, with maybe one or two exceptions.

Personally the opportunity to play in division one is exciting for me, as playing better quality teams is the type of experience needed to do well at millenium events.