Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

M25 leg 3 Dunstable May 18 - the draw

james adkin

myspace.com/londontigers
Jul 14, 2001
www.myspace.com
Originally posted by gaff
even so Liz, remember that little tourney.....what a few weeks ago when STORM were placed incorrectly? oh and they managed to score a whole 50points all day!!

sorry but this is not good, there are loads of teams below them in the latest set of divisions, that have played and scored much much better than any second STORM team, it really is not that difficult!
Surely you learnt from those games and the only way to get better is to play better teams???:confused:

correct me if i'm wrong

trigger_finger

May 11, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Liz

If I asked all of you your opinions on the correct placings of teams in divisions, I could virtually guarantee I would have the majority of teams saying they should be in a lower division.
Originally posted by Liz

I will speak to Sparklie and ask if the divisions can be reviewed (though she did agree them before anything was posted), though with the numbers and teams entered it would be another interesting exercise and just a different list of teams unhappy with their positions. .
To liz
at the momment there is only one team moaning about there position and with good reason (storm am/2)
the only other point that has been brought up was the fact the team zone stayed down in 3 while the three teams bellow them went up but as yet neither of the three team have moaned that they have gone up
so to change the position of one team shouldn't cause thatmuch trouble and i agree that the division can't be decided by one persons opinion but by facts such as previous scores oh and liz are you the one that spends most of the day in the tent doing the admin and not watching all the games forming an opinion on how the teams are playing

Div 1
Shockwave Pro 705
Tiger Pro 600
Shockwave Am 575
Storm 1 480
Illusion 470
Backlash 445
UK Raven 360
Ecstasy 350
Storm 2 50

Div 2

Jaguars 625
Tigers Am 560
Tigers Kidz 525
UK Marshals 1 425
Dark Ritual 390
DOA Zealots 390
Top Cats 385
Storm 3 345
Kool Runnings 160

Div 3

Hurricane 625
Team Zone 585
Blackstar 550
Sinners 475
A Few Good Men 465
Tsunami 460
Redz Novice 450
Residue Dogs 370
UK Marshals 2 90

Div 4

Equilibrium 545
Team Wolf Novice 470
Total Chaos 465
Skulls 450
Feral Jesters 440
Quake 255
Control Freaks 250
Bad Taste 240

here are the scores from reading and below are the placings from the first leg ok some of the team names have changed but it would be good to compare the fairness across the events

Division 1

Ecstasy
Shockwave 3rd
Outkasts
Backlash 2nd
Tigers Pro 1st
LPS Adrenaline
Redz
Extreme

Division 2

Shockwave Am 1st
Cougars
Sinners
Top Cat 2nd
Misfits
UK Marshals 1
Team Wolf
Tigers Am

Division 3

Shockwave Novice 3rd
Redz Novice
Portsmouth University
UK Marshals 2
Residue Dogs
DOA Zealots 1st
Kool Runnings 2nd
Tsunami

Division 4

Bad Taste
Total Chaos
Quake
Team Wolf Novice 3rd
Skulls
Team Zone 2nd
Impact Novice 1st
Feral Jesters

Skiggles

Anyone for the pub?
Jul 30, 2002
Colchester, Essex, UK
Visit site
A Quote from Sparklie 08/04/2003 in a thread titled "M25 Reading" which was posted after the last round:

"Regarding divitions please be honest with us when paying your deposits were not mind readers. Iif you can only play your novice players or are a new team tell us. If your novice players can't play and your bring out your pros tell us. We Will act on the information we are given. Liz and my self and beaker are doing our best we aim to be fair to all the teams."

This was the responce we got after the last round when we asked to be moved down from division 1.
We done this and it still got us nowhere.

I appreciate that Liz said it will be reviewed and look forward to a positive outcome of this for all.

For the comments about getting good experience .... not much good when you look in the dead box after 60 seconds to see half your team there. How does the team learn to play better from the dead box?

james adkin

myspace.com/londontigers
Jul 14, 2001
www.myspace.com
Well you discuss why you got shot dont you???

Then the next game you make sure you dont make the same mistakes twice

doesnt everyone do this???:confused:

Dear Storm,

at the second leg I was told storm 1,2,3 now I took that to mean that the teams playing ablity. I did not expext storm 3 to be playing at a higher level than storm 2.

Divitions for 3rd leg were arranged friday, Gaff pmed me saturday

and said 1 pro team and 1 am team.

this reads as a diffrent teams agian ie 1 and 3 from the last line up.

We are not mind readers please be clear and and try not to leave it too the last minuet.

I am sorry for any confustion, please join the debate on my forum your contributions are very welcome.

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by james adkin
Surely you learnt from those games and the only way to get better is to play better teams???:confused:

correct me if i'm wrong
in essence you are correct, but when you are playing teams that are not just one level above you but 3 or 4 then no you dont learn cos the players in question were inexperienced, had never played together or trained together, and were coming up against teams like Tigers Pro, Sockwave Pro, Shockwave AM (who are almost as good as their Pro team) and us STORM Pro. we had a terrible days balling (our fault knowone elses!!) but still done our Nov team in 25secs. great learning experience hey?!

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by SPARKLIE CHICK
Dear Storm,

at the second leg I was told storm 1,2,3 now I took that to mean that the teams playing ablity. I did not expext storm 3 to be playing at a higher level than storm 2.

Divitions for 3rd leg were arranged friday, Gaff pmed me saturday

and said 1 pro team and 1 am team.

this reads as a diffrent teams agian ie 1 and 3 from the last line up.

We are not mind readers please be clear and and try not to leave it too the last minuet.

I am sorry for any confustion, please join the debate on my forum your contributions are very welcome.
yes Sparklie i will be replying to your discussion thread, once i have drawn breath and enabled articulate response side of brain.....but for now i have to say this..........

i pm'd you on Sat correct, but liz' thread did not appear until yesterday, plenty of time i feel should you have needed it, but the point is, after the last tourney do you not think the arse kicking our boyz got, justified a lower division this time, without any requests??!! and also how do you make, i quote "our boys are slightly better than Nov, more like AM B but definately not Pro!" into automatic top division contenders? i do not know what we have done to upset you but punsihing us publically is not bright!

Gaff, I am not trying to punish or victamise you publicly or other wise. As you chose to air your veiws publicly I am awnsering them and being seen to do so, surly this is the right thing to do if you chose not to pm me.

We had our 32 teams thursday and had already had teams asking when the divitions would be posted.

Liz and I disscussed divitions friday morning just before my customers 1st game (I do run a site and am pretty much out of the loop Saturady to Sunday) As this was and is important and we want to get it right . Storm are entering two teams one PRO and one Am, we took you at your word. The pm came after we had already set the divitions.

I have been on site for four day this week 3 of those on the trot doing my usual 13 hour plus days I have not been avalible over the weekend to discusse divitions with Liz.

Liz and I have spent well over an hour dissuccing all possible options and we have now left it open for you our players to veiw your opinions. We are then reviewing the situation once all the players have had a chance to comment.