Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marshalling for the first time this weekend, any advice?

Leich

Jul 27, 2009
Biggest things to rember is stay calm. Keep your eyes open. And keep you head out of peoples lines.

You cant marshal **** if you cant see.

oh and lastly it hurts well more when you not playing.

mrb2287

Platinum Member
May 1, 2010
Darlington
Holme, listen to what I am about to say here because it will mean you then having to ignore some of what's been advised already.
It's all well and good 'not taking sh!t' from people but if you go in too hard with that authoritarian attitude; it can blow yup in your face especially coming from someone who hasn't done the job before.

Make sure you are firm AND polite, and try not to read too much into 'not taking sh!t' because it will set you off on the wrong foot believe me .. remember, these guys are paying customers and should be treated as such, and not like some naughty child.
Too true as much as i love the actual game play i am also big on customer service. in my eyes as long as the customers are sorted i cant do enough for them. BUT if there mask is lifted or removed in field im sorry there are no warnings at my site. They are out simple as and thier all made aware of this first thing. seems to work for us.
Rob

joshypop

May 26, 2011
Essex
BUT if there mask is lifted or removed in field im sorry there are no warnings at my site. They are out simple as and thier all made aware of this first thing. seems to work for us.
Rob
I think that's fair enough, because at the end of the day it's drilled into you for a reason. It only takes one lift and one hit to the eye to blind you. No second chances. If they do it once, then they are bound to do it again, simple as.

Henry8362

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2010
Upper layham, Ipswich
I think that's fair enough, because at the end of the day it's drilled into you for a reason. It only takes one lift and one hit to the eye to blind you. No second chances. If they do it once, then they are bound to do it again, simple as.
Yesterday at this walk on i was playing, we were put with the punters because there wasn't enough of us (well woods ball more fun with lots of people) I ran out of paint in a game so i went over to the dead box, and it's literally protected by like this red mesh stuff about 7 ft in height, and although the rule was keep goggles on whilst in there which is fair enough, this one kid took off his goggles, so i and a few others where like "Put your goggles back on" and he chose to ignore us, this drew the attention of the Marshall.

Now this Marshall dude must of scared the crap out this kid because he was like "PUT YOUR GOGGLES BACK ON NOW, WHATS YOUR NUMBER" (punters have a number written on there hand at the start of the day to say which number gun they are) so the Marshall took the guys number, and was like "YOU'RE SITTING OUT THE NEXT GAME, AND IF YOU DO IT AGAIN YOUR GETTING OFF THE SITE" of course he was making an example of this guy, which I thought was very fair, because nobody else out of the 60 or so that where there that day lifted there goggles again, especially because the games are like 20mins long and theres like a 10-15min break in between. Anyway what really baffled me was, why it took somebody wearing a shirt that said Marshall on it to get this guy to do what was said, I mean if he had listened to us it wouldn't of happened, I cannot believe the idiocy of some punters, I mean they weren't even to bad of a goggle to be honest, and they where only in the dead box a couple of mins before they got to go play or "re spawn" again

joshypop

May 26, 2011
Essex
...this one kid took off his goggles, so i and a few others where like "Put your goggles back on" and he chose to ignore us, this drew the attention of the Marshall...
:tsk::tsk::tsk:

Exactly, it's just the ignorance of people that do that. Goggles are there for a reason, no matter how much they itch/hurt/fog up. I understand how much a pain in the a*se fogging up goggles are. They pretty much ruin a good game of paintball; but let's be honest, would you rather a crap game of paintball (lasts 20mins) or loss of vision (for life)
:rolleyes:

joshypop

May 26, 2011
Essex
Itchyness is the best one to have :D. Quick question Henry, do you feel that the i4 cut really low of the chin, it's either them or e-vents for first mask. Can't decide :)

Henry8362

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2010
Upper layham, Ipswich
Firstly i'd say it depends on how big your head is :p my head is quite big to be honest and only on the end of the mask does my face start creeping out, but no they arn't that bad to be honest, as for events i'd say they are great goggles and offer a lot protection, i found them to be quite claustrophobic though when i owned them, nevertheless either choice is good :)

joshypop

May 26, 2011
Essex
Hmm... it's a toughie.

Probably best if I wait until the Formula 5 and have a try there and come back and buy em' nice and cheap on here!
Thanks though!!