Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Marshalling for the first time this weekend, any advice?

joshypop

May 26, 2011
Essex
Hopefully uk-redskins. I've been e-mailing one of their guys he sounds pretty awesome, he said that it would be a good start by pit-crewing, so he said i might be able to squeeze in. Even if i don't, it will give me a chance to know the guys a bit better :'). From there i can decide whether paintballing is a path i'd like to take or not, but it most probably will be. Providing they like me of course! Thanks for the good luck :)

Henry8362

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2010
Upper layham, Ipswich
yeah best just to meet some people in the sport first, i know quite a few guys who do f5's might even be playing it soon :p but anyway yeah no problem mate :)

p.s. creator of this thread, sorry it's gone slightly off topic, still on topic of new players though :p

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
"customer is always right" attitude :p when i marshalled I generally followed that, and it works, unless you get some guy or girl ignore the "please keep your goggles on" warning for the 3rd time then thats when I got slightly annoyed and used the "If i have to give another warning you'll have to sit out the next game for your own safety" speech, depends entirely on who the group is though, normally find kids the worst, especially the trigger happy little so and so's who although good for business, are not good for your health haha :eek: on a seperate question, what do you guys do when you get a forager e.g. someone who doesn't want to buy more balls, so just picks them up from the field, i normally say that if they do it and the gun breaks, they'll be liable :D normally works haha, forgiving if they run out in a fire fight and it's the odd ball :rolleyes:

cheers for reading :cool:
Wow, that is much friendlier than the site I marshalled at. The place I was at (I only actually did about half a dozen punter days as a marshall as it was too far from my house) the rule was always "if we see you lift your marker you will not play again that day". Seemed to work and I didn't see anybody lift their mask, and the other marshals all said that they very, very rarely had to kick anybody out.