Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Maxs: Police took our markers at the airport

Juho

Old fart
Oct 11, 2002
Finland
www.tuovila.net
We were leaving Maxs masters and on our way back home at the Hamburg airport. At the check in counter they x-rayed our luggage and of course saw our markers. The security called the airport police.

We explained that we were coming from Bitburg from an international paintball tournament with over 100 teams over the Europe and world. We also showed PGI and explained that it was a sport. We also tryed to tell that we were playing here last year and had no problem. We also told them to call Frankfurt airport, as they were ok with markers.

They just didn't want to listen us and took us to airport police station with all our gear.

They told that the law has changed last semptember and all the markers must have a German approval to be legal, and we hadn't informed officials as we came to country. Is it really true? Are they illegal in Germany???

Then they took our guys apart and took everybodys markers! We had 11 markers with us and they took them all!

They adviced us to get a lawyer and said that we can lose the markers and can be prosecuted and get fine on top of that!

We have been in touch with the Maxs organisation and truly hope that they can help us to solve this all.

I don't know what we do if we don't get them back, it's a lot of money and it just might ruin our season.

Did anybody else had any problems with markers or had them taken away? Or did anybody else know about that kind of law?

Juho/Takeover

avidfan

Jul 14, 2003
Belmont Shore, Ca
Visit site
Last October one of the Avalanche players had his Angel taken away at the airport upon arrrival for Euroball.
He has a lawyer in Germany.
The marker was supposedly sent to another city to be looked into.
It still has not been returned. :mad: :mad:

Christian-Malera

Mar 26, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Visit site
We had the same problem last year.

I posted a warning about it this year, since the organisators could/would not do anything about it.
That warning is removed, I think.

We ended up driving to Germany and back to pick them up, spending 1500 Eur.

This was a part of our decision to not play this event.

boozshey

Apr 13, 2004
www.zerokewl.com
Sorry to hear that...

I lost a Racegun through German Customs. Germany has many laws to help outlaw paintball. It's really sad and I was wondering if this type of thing was going to happen to anyone.

Here in Germany they require and F stamp or a marking of such.

I would seek a lawyer, but I really doubt you will get them back. When I lost mine I was charged with importing an illegal firearm and a criminal investigation was apparently open on me. This was back in October and I havn't heard anything. So I gave up on my $1300 loss. I wish I could offer you more but if you have any more questions I wouldn't mind helping you out...

Fatty

Jul 6, 2001
Finland
and it is like everyone is reading p8ntballers forum and will find that by them self?
Imho this is thing what MAXS and MILLENNIUM organisation should told every team by normal- or even e-mail.

just seems so dumb allway round not telling, the gunters at airport and a fact that takeover will have finnish league round in 2 weeks :)

cjansen

Dazed and Confused
Jun 3, 2003
USA
Visit site
Not too surprising...

It's not all that surprising that the police at the airport in Hamburg would do this. There have been a number terrorist cells that operated out of Hamburg, and arrests of terrorists linked to al Qaeda and the 9/11 attacks there as well. Probably not the best choice of airports.