Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Maxs: Police took our markers at the airport

FMS

Sep 30, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Fatty
and it is like everyone is reading p8ntballers forum and will find that by them self?
Imho this is thing what MAXS and MILLENNIUM organisation should told every team by normal- or even e-mail.

just seems so dumb allway round not telling, the gunters at airport and a fact that takeover will have finnish league round in 2 weeks :)
well I do get your point. and it sure is said this happened to you. I guess I was just being cynical.
the whole legal situation here is infinitely annoying. people are more concerned about following the rules (and there are many) in order to avoid trouble when setting up a field, than they actually get to play paintball. and that doesn't even cover the gun laws. basically there is not a single legal gun out there. because the second you screw in a different barrel, off goes your licence.

when people travel to france or tsechia to participate in scenario games, because - god forbid - we can't do that in this great country of ours, they actually get a certificate from customs that says, they took this exact gun with them and will return with it later.

OK, so what should the promoters have done in advance in support of your case? the correct answer is: nothing. there is no way in hell you could get it through customs. so play the odds.

Booya39

Jul 15, 2003
Michigan Ave.
www.dieselpaintball.com
I would be pretty upset with the Organizers of the event for having left out that small detail when promoting their event. That seems almost deceitful to fail to mention something as important as you're not allowed to fly in your paintball guns.

Booya39

Jul 15, 2003
Michigan Ave.
www.dieselpaintball.com
Originally posted by FMS
OK, so what should the promoters have done in advance in support of your case? the correct answer is: nothing. there is no way in hell you could get it through customs. so play the odds.
I have a brilliant idea :eek:

DON'T HOST AN EVENT IN A COUNTRY WHERE PAINTBALL GUNS ARE ILLEGAL!!!

LARSEN

Jul 17, 2001
Aarhus, Denmark
Visit site
You guyz got off easy.

I got stopped with 38 rentalguns last year.

I now face a lawsuit for "38 counts of ilegal firearms" in Nurnberg.

It aint fun i know.

But get Dirk to sort it for you.