Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Millennium Series 2003

Steve...

we disagree - let's leave it at that.

The way I see it - competion is not equal if 2 teams aren't playing under the same circumstances.

Check the scoreboard - Ignition missed the semi's by 16 points - exactly what a win with one body left would have added up to. Seeing that the team that didn't show was a novice team - they should have made it.

Sure they could have scored more against others - but when you don't get the chance to even play a game, that is what stinks.

goose

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Chris,

Maybe we won't end up agreeing, and I honestly admit you've got a very good point. But I still wonder about two things:

1. The rule about walk-overs seems to be seriously lacking. Maybe no matter what it needs fixing. Another questions here: Would it have made any difference at all if it had been a pro team that didn't show?

2. What about my proposal to limit the mixing to just a few games and to am's vs pro's only?

Steve

NIALL

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
If we are to progress we need to react to the situation we are in, or will be in in the forseeable future, not the one we have been in!!!!

I believe that PRO V PRO should happen (You know this Goose) but when the conditions are right. New information came to light at the weekend which has made me adjust my opinion.

Why wait? Well if the X BAll happens stateside which is almost inevitable we have to react. We could face losing 8 top Pro teams straight off. (13 played at Joy masters) So with 5 teams the Pro v Pro would be pretty dull. Sorry to put it in such basic terms.

The answer to the Ignition problem is solved.. An average will equal the points as scored against other teams in the same catergory as the missing team". So If Ignition Maxed all their Novice teams with an average of 98 points thats what they get.

So Next year will see 4 catergories. .
When Pros played Novices as at Campaign this year every Pro played about 4 games agains Pros, the rest agains Ams and mainly Novice. A tough break.

Our new format removes PRo v Novice (New bottom catergory), but keeps Pro v AM A + Am B. Each pro should play about 6 Pro games. (A compromise to what Goose and Nick IB want but hopfully they will see the sense.

As for the prize issue. Well you can't have everything and I think TJ summed up the situation pretty well. If you want hard cash play PRo. This is the way it should be. The Value of the vouchers will be high, Am teams are not being pushed aside, on the contrary they are being looked after the top four teams should (Fingers crossed that all the sponsors sign on the dotted line) share voucher to the value of 15000 Euros at each event.

Thats all for now. Check out the mag for the latest news.

Your ever humble Presidente

Niall

J

Johan

Niall,

are those vouchers only for Am A or for B as well??

Laters :cool:

Niall...

... you know I have now problems with what you guys are planning.

Just one thing - the Joy Masters had 13 pro teams, correct - but only 4 U.S. teams (including the S.C. Ironmen who reffed).

Now figure that should be (hopefully) 2-3 new euro pro teams - we are now just 1 team short. Who knows, maybe the U.S. teams who don't get swallowed up by X-Ball will still come over.

Also - if 6 pro games is a MINIMUM number against other pro teams - this might be a good solution - but 7 or 8 would be even better. The games being only against the Am B would be the best - this gets rid of the "sandbaggers" who insist on staying in the lower levels.

goose

to add something to Nick post....

...since when is it beneficial, for a sport to have teams who don't belong there - end up in the semi-finals due to the fact that they had an easier draw that other teams at the same level?

Again - this has now taken what should be - THE BEST TEAMS IN THE SEMIs - and adding the luck factor?

In other sports - it is either proper Round robin (where everyone plays everyone) which is a little impractical for 20 team divisions - or number 1 plays number 20, 2 plays 19 etc. etc.

But now this is paintball - so everyone has to have a chance... whether they deserve it or not.

goose

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Ay Caramba, J

Originally posted by Buddha 3
Guys, keep it civilised!
Give the guys a break. Nothing out of sorts with a tiny, wee bit of emotion. Is it that time o' the month?

Mill Guys--I absolutely applaud the effort being put into making the series the best it can be but--
there is clearly some disconnect between "pure" sport and what exists now. Until clear and specific rules are in place addressing issues of category placement, advancement and so on there is NO SUCH THING AS SANDBAGGING.
Also, the Series was built, much like the NPPL, on the notion that teams could "measure" themselves against the "best" so why wouldn't those teams want to keep things as they are? And, as long as every team that participates is paying to play they do have a right to voice their opinions are argue in favor of what they'd like to see happen.