New loading invention! lookie lookie!

haz

NPF Raiders #07
May 10, 2004
Birmingham
www.facebook.com
speed feed

hey baca

Tried it yesterday for the first time - and I think I will try that first faq. :D I found it was very good, especially not having to worry about a lid - but it didnt like the last extra 20 or so balls you get in a dye lock lid - they ended up on the floor every fill.

So i'll try that tip for next time. The other thing was - can you supply a halo lid spring with them please? :rolleyes: :) Because invariably, the weather caught me out, (much to the great delight of someone at the site who kept saying all morning - 'I hope it rains' . I don't think he likes me very much, either that or he was jealous). Anyway, it started sleeting, and i tried to put the lid back on (or rather someone else did for me, lol), and the spring got dropped into the stones on the floor. :mad: :p

But still, it was definately an improvement on the lid - i can't wait to see if you bring out one that a lid fits onto though?!

thanks, haz :)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Thanks, haz. A little practice and you'll be golden.

Nothing I can do about UK weather but I do have an idea for a fast and easy replacement lid that allows you to switch between Speed Feed and functional lid in seconds without loosening the Halo/Reloader screws. It's gonna take a bit of time but if it works as I imagine it'll be the perfect complement to the Speed Feed.

You can be sure I'll announce any progress. ;)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
bulldog2k said:
How about a pringles lid (they fit perfectly)? Keep your speed feed in one pocket and your pringles lid in the other? Job done...
Brilliant, bulldog! Start eating and you can be selling those bad boys in no time. :)

Let's see, one hand to take off the Pringles lid, one to grab the pot of paint, one to hang on to the gun-- :confused: :D

Perhaps a slight improvement on the Pringles lid would be a replacement lid that doesn't require unscrewing your hopper shell halves each time you might need to trade out--given the wretched conditions you lot suffer thru weather-wise.;) Fortunately such a replacement lid may soon exist. Have the concept but am gonna have to make some and see if it works. If it does we'll soon be offering lids to go with Speed Feeds. (Soon in simple manufacturing terms means minimum 6 months at a guess.)

bulldog2k

LOL! Your post made me laugh, Baca, though the spirit behind it seems a little - what shall we say - well, if not anti-competition, then maybe at least a little defensive? :)

We have bad weather. That sucks. It also makes the Speed Feed not ideal on some days. Either people want a lid that stays stuck to the loader, in which case a hinge seems ideal, and - hey! Whadyaknow..? - We're back to the stock lid.

Or people want an easy, temporary and detachable lid, that can be rapidly swapped with a Speed Feed. Answer? Once you pop, you can't stop...

I'm not suggesting it's something you'll swap with a Speed Feed mid-game, but if you don't want a detachable lid that's rain-proof (pringles) to get you through the odd game/day when you're not using the Speed Feed, then surely we're talking about an attached rain-proof lid, which is the stock one.

But hey, I don't know what's going on the fevered genius of your mind, and I'm sure I'm missing something critical - I usually do...

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
i found a very simple solution which works really well for me .............two reloaders...... one with a speed feed on it and one with a normal sprung lid ....there ya go ...that easy .;)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
bulldog2k said:
LOL! Your post made me laugh, Baca, though the spirit behind it seems a little - what shall we say - well, if not anti-competition, then maybe at least a little defensive? :)

We have bad weather. That sucks. It also makes the Speed Feed not ideal on some days. Either people want a lid that stays stuck to the loader, in which case a hinge seems ideal, and - hey! Whadyaknow..? - We're back to the stock lid.

Or people want an easy, temporary and detachable lid, that can be rapidly swapped with a Speed Feed. Answer? Once you pop, you can't stop...

I'm not suggesting it's something you'll swap with a Speed Feed mid-game, but if you don't want a detachable lid that's rain-proof (pringles) to get you through the odd game/day when you're not using the Speed Feed, then surely we're talking about an attached rain-proof lid, which is the stock one.
My apologies then bulldog as that was in no way my intention. I actually thought it was a clever and amusing post and idea.

My roundabout point was that while such a "device" :) may serve as a stopgap measure the reason hoppers have attached lids is because removable ones have certain obvious drawbacks.

At the same time it's also clear that in your environment while the Speed Feed is cool when things are good it is presently a hassle to switch back when they're not. It's not a huge deal and biased as I likely am I don't see it as a sufficient disincentive to hurt sales against the benefits.

Your answer solves the problem but creates a different one. I just piggy-backed my "answer" onto your post as an alternative. (Once you jump into this business of sales the world becomes a dog-eat-dog place.:rolleyes: ;) ) Of course my solution won't be available for a while so jump in and fill in the blank while the filling is good.

haz

NPF Raiders #07
May 10, 2004
Birmingham
www.facebook.com
*sob*

Dskize said:
i found a very simple solution which works really well for me .............two reloaders...... one with a speed feed on it and one with a normal sprung lid ....there ya go ...that easy .;)
If only the masses of struggling, up-and-coming young players could afford two 60 quid loaders :rolleyes: :) That'll be the day. What with snapping lids off, replacing 12 AA batteries a tournament, replacing broken shells, that idea isn't an option for a lot of guys (or girls, obviously).

Baca, roll on the speed feed complimentary we all need.

MY GOD. That was brilliant :D :p