Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

North v South 2k11 The Heist

TAZHAWK

Jun 19, 2008
Inverness
Firstly a massive Thanks to Jim & Tim @ Warped for asking me to be The Northern General..

Being my first leadership post of this size, it's been an overwhelming and eye opening experience to say the least...
Playing against The Southern General who was truly passionate about his leadership and set up skills truly reflecting in his status on the field at key times of the day, so hats off to Jamie ; ) (must get that back to you mate)

The game started well with key groups immediately finding 3 pieces of jewelry and the two main battle groups holding the line across the middle of the game area and controlling the re-spawn points.. (no arm bands was an issue at this point but soon resolved by Madmother and the warped crew) only to be quickly over run by large contingencies of the South... The fall back point for the North was The Bank Vault with its main re-spawn building which was then slowly surrounded by Southern forces and eventually taken. This was then followed by hard counter attacks and insertions all day by both sides.. South dominated the North for at least 3/4 of the day, but the North kept on killing and by 3pm in the afternoon had captured 3/4 of the field, finally a joy to see a mass of red arm bands but unfortunately still no Jewelry.. Some having been kept and hidden (nice move) and in particular one piece having been robbed
(big mistake) The Northern squads kept pushing to locate the Jewels to no avail and eventually ran out of air and paint and above all, time.. Game Over and thinking that the South had won... (Brief but accurate)

Good Points
WE WON !!
Re-spawn points and lock down buildings gave for some real fierce fire fights..
Change over times on the entrance points stopped a percentage of long balling and gave a real 360 feel to the game..
Insertion vehicles were a great asset to the Norths counter pushes throughout the day...
Bus stops worked well this year with more frequent pick ups..
Constant flow of air and the good old hiss of co2
Trade stands were awesome..

Issues
Cheating on BOTH sides
Radios and too many black spots on the field..
Short period without arm bands
A few Northerners running !! You know who you are

Boo to all the haters!!
More passion required by players during the game, smiles on faces and less bloody moaning .. IT'S A GAME !!!
Too many people leaving throughout the day and not staying for the end result.. (we understand some people have to get away)

Thanks
Massive thanks go out to Jim, Lottie, Tim, (all Frenshams including Stanley and Taylors we met, can't remember all names), Mikey and wife, Julian? for the art work on my gun, for a fantastic well co-ordinated event (wish i'd been so organised myself
) To Rachel (team Mongoose) and my missus for running the Norths Command post and giving positivity to players when the fight looked lost.. My gang of lads from Tazball Paintball, Drew and Tid from the Pirates, Badger, Cammy and Graham from The Scottish Warriors and the lads from Battlegrounds. Congratulations to OTE Mercs who deservedly received the Norths Squad of the Day trophy for there fantastic on field tactics and off field personality and may i say some awesome monkey dancing.. The guy on the main gate who we bribed with Haribo on arrival (cant remember your name) and who kept us smiling the whole weekend and hope to see you in Inverness soon..
AND
to any one i may have forgotten
AND
most importantly to all you "NORTHERN MONKEYS" (including my three lieutenants, Stacey Parsons (tactical adviser), Dave "Woody" Wood (insertions adviser) and Joff Willox (motivator)) who worked there arses off against a phenomenal team of Southern fairies ran by an amazingly well prepared Southern General to bring the cup home for the North "I THANK YOU - UP THE NORTH" and till next year ...

Reactions: jon.s and Robeenio
Mar 26, 2011
Cheshire
Ote mercs

On Behalf of my entire team we would like firstly to give our thanks to the people who made the whole weekend possible and so enjoyable;

A big thank you to Paul, Jim, Matt, Mikey, Tim and all of the staff of Warped, a brilliant job guys - North v South now has to be the premier big game in Europe Surely?

Having been a regular club member at Warped for a few years before i moved up t' north, i know how passionately you guys are about the sport and i also know the hard work and effort that you put into your events. It was very much appreciated and our team for sure enjoyed it 100%.

A big thanks too must go to both Generals, stepping up to the plate to lead such a large event can be daunting but both generals took it in their stride and brought their own unique brands of humour to the game as well as the serious side of leadership and tactics.

Obviously we are very pleased the North won and would like to say a special big thank you to Taz for his leadership as well as his kind vote of thanks in the OTE MERCS by awarding us generals choice for the north, we were honoured and humbled by the award.

As a new team that only formed in September 2010 it was a massive achievement for us to gain such recognition against the back drop of so many great teams at the event.

We would also like to pay special thanks to STRIKE TEAM CHARLIE who played alongside us in many of the missions and worked as squad with us in many of the encounters. We look forward to working with STRIKE TEAM CHARLIE again as we all share local grounds in Cheshire and Staffordshire.

We would also like to say thanks to the guys who came along and played recon for us, again we look forward to seeing you guys at OTE shortly, it was good that you played on our side for once as we all know how many times you like to get head shots in on me when we play at home!

Finally, turning to all the guys that marshalled through the long hot day, thank you for your work.

I have to say having played the game for ten years or so now, this must have been one of the friendliest, most gentlemanly, fairest games i or my team have had the pleasure to play in, so a big thanks to all the players who also in their own way made this such a memorable weekend.

OTE MERCS stand ready and waiting for the next big game in 2012 with WARPED and look forward to meeting up again with many old and new friends from this year.

DAVID JACK
CAPTAIN
OTE MERCS

Reactions: tommy_p

mambo

Oct 25, 2009
What was the song being banged out in the campsite sunday morning?

tommy_p

Mar 2, 2010
Thanks Dave,
It was our pleasure to fight along side the OTE MERCS we'll be by your side at next years BIG GAME and were looking forward to coming down to the walk on at OTE in a couple of weeks, well done the north!!!!

Tommy pilling
V Capt
STRIKE TEAM CHARLIE

Mar 26, 2011
Cheshire
OTE Mercs rebrand

The OTE Mercs have rebranded and are now the Phoenix Mercenaries. We have ditched a player or two and have moved grounds, becoming a closer, more focused team who have a larger number of youth players who we shall encourage to develop and grow following our tour at North v South in which we were named team of the north.

It now seems that On The Edge Paintball at Congleton are using our old team name in an attempt to portray themselves as an established team with a record.

Just for the record, the OTE Mercs from Congleton are not the original OTE Mercs as they are now playing as Phoenix Mercenaries and we look forward to many more games with you guys under our new team name.
Regards
David Jack
Phoenix Mercenaries.