Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

North v South 2k11 The Heist

Roquey

Nov 3, 2008
i think i may have spotted cook$ on the charge from the orb respawn point south towards C13. well it was the only unbrella i saw all day. i was the one shouting all the time :D all credit to those who won. cant think of a better scenario ive been to. even if i have to direct traffic, get people moving and not shoot much but it was such a blast!

SmellyLlama

Mar 2, 2011
Chard, Somerset
The South took control of all of the items, and only put two into play, hiding four of them (which was allowed). This meant that only two could be captured, so they cold only lose the points for two. Also, two items would be easier to defend, especially coupled with the fact that they were held next to respawn points. No "locked in" items were removed from buildings at any time. The South were able to capture all of the jewels at the start of the game thanks to actually being, ya know, organised.

The downfall with the plan was that the respawn points ended up being used to heavily, costing them elimination points. The North won, but the South were the better team.

Your umbrella weilding ref, Cook$.
Pretty much sums up the day!

It would have made for a much more mobile game as planned if the Jewels were locked into buildings at the start or even staggered throughout the day. A very cunning plan by our general but it did take a lot of potential fighting/running out of the game.

All the people that are saying there was one sided cheating going on, I think your going to get an amount of unfair play in whatever way with a game of such epic proportions. There was wiping and there were people leaving bands on it's just going to happen.

It must be an almost impossible task reffing such a large event with so many different fights going on all over, I will say I saw a lot of groups of marshals rather than being spread out more.

Hope I don't sound like I'm wining as the event was such good fun. We had a couple of first timers with us and am sure they will come again. :D

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
I was marshalling that game and i would say that the south won. Also thanks to all the players who cooperated with me and all the other marshalls there was some problems in the morning but they got sorted pretty fast.
Then i am glad it is not up to you lol ;).

Great weekend! See you next year!

Welshballer

AUP Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Rhondda
Had a great time this weekend, all our guys enjoyed it. One of our guys did lose his lighter though, a silver zippo with the engraving "only fools rush in where angels fear to tread", if you have this then we would be grateful if you got in touch.

All in all this was probably the best NorthvSouth i've been to for a while, the usual battlelines trading 1000's of rounds of paint seemed to be replaced by small bands of players exchanging 1000's of rounds of paint. Can't wait to see what Jim and the Warped crew put on for the 10th anniversary next year...

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
right thanks to all the guys that came and said hello at the warped tent! and every single person for coming, made it the best big game for me so far! Jim you got some thinking to do to beat that next year mate!!! game flowed alot better, and from the way i saw the game north looked like they were loosing because they never had as many respawn points etc, so south were over whelming them but at a cost, 1300 kills by the end of the day, and if they had held the jewels for long say a couple of hours in each building they would of easily over come there short fall in kills! the trade looked amazing aswell! so great bargains going down for all to see! I had a a blast and now cant be arsed to work this week!!!!! lol

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
Was slightly crushed to see the north won, especially after being in the game for almost the entire day (apart from needing to gas up and refill paint 2-3 times) and seeing the north get destroyed most the time whenever skirmishes occurred.

My favourite moments were either the start of the game when the south took the offensive, and pushed the north completely back! (seeing a hut turn from grey to orange/yellow almost instantly from a volley of 200 players was incredible), or the charge from the south down the hill in the orb area by the respawn van (the north had no chance of stopping us)

Cheers for an awesome weekend warped, some slight confusion as to getting respawn bands to the medics initially, apart from that it was a flawless weekend! Will definitely be going again next year!

Your umbrella weilding ref, Cook$.
I think my girlfriend saw you hiding behind your umbrella, and decided for some reason to light it up...i apologise for her :tsk: