Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Oooh...NPPL rankings going into San Diego...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by james adkin
Pete

Thats all good, i was talking more about the up and coming tournament. And how it cant be fair on team players, the West Ham of my previous post, who wont play due to the hired players playing. And of course if the team does well everyone will know it s because of those hired players.

On a seperate note i have nothing again West Ham lol
James, I think you need to read some of the posts in this thread, I think most people have acknowledged they would do the same and the players (if they have any brains at all) would have no problem sacrificing short term wants for longer term gains, the maths is simple.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by james adkin
Thats all good, i was talking more about the up and coming tournament. And how it cant be fair on team players, the West Ham of my previous post, who wont play due to the hired players playing. And of course if the team does well everyone will know it s because of those hired players.
The problem James, is that the current situation is VERY unfair on teams looking to qualify for next year.

They could be put out of their chance by a team entering only one tournament at the end of the year who has NO CHANCE what so ever of qualifying.

How is that, right or fair?

It isn't. So desperate times require desperate measures.

I hope in the future that this will be locked down so it can't happen, but also obviously with the top division locked then there won't be concerns for teams that have never played the serious to knock out teams that have been playing and committed to a series all year...

paintballma

Jul 26, 2001
cal
I have seen the phrases birthing problems, committed to NPPL, and unfair used in this thread. My question is a trickle down...what of the current Am teams who have supported the league for 2 years and next year are forced to play the Pros who do not make the cut. Or, like the much feared Legion, or the newly reformed Platinum chose not to play NPPL this year but may be in 2005. They have not chosen this, it is being forced upon them. Should NPPL not fix it before it becomes a problem and not a knee jerk reaction after the season starts?

PS-Pete truth be told, everyone is now worried about the draw, ourselves included :eek:

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Look, there is nothing "unfair" about it. Every tournament everyone knows they play whoever signs up to play. Period. The NPPL stated, when introducing this limited Pro division concept how it would work. Is it also unfair that some teams were able to travel to Euroland and score "easy" points that others couldn't or didn't? Is it unfair to some lower ranked US Pro teams competing that most of the top scores procured by Euro teams come from so-called easier MS events? Is it ideal? No, but everyone has known what the circumstances were all along. It's the 17 high scores after all the qualifying tournies have been played. If some peeps failed to think the ramifications through--hard cheese.

And for those who think the NPPL didn't have this or something like it in mind--return to planet Earth. Besides the potential future value of the limited Pro division (more on that in a minute) it was obvious from the outset part of the rationale was to a) create lots of publicity, b) make for more compelling competition as teams fight to make the cut, and c) try to wedge out the NXL teams and/or foment more rebellion among their ranks. It was predictable and should have been expected when it started working in Denver.

While all the big boys continue to fight for their NPPL spot poor lowly peons like me still wonder just what the hotly contested spots are gonna be worth? Where does the NPPL plan go from here? Anybody fighting for their spot want to offer an answer or hazard a guess or explain your rationale for pulling out all the stops to get into the '05 NPPL Pro Division?

And, of course, that still leaves the concerns raised by paintballma which have been raised before and greeted by silence all round.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Anybody fighting for their spot want to offer an answer or hazard a guess or explain your rationale for pulling out all the stops to get into the '05 NPPL Pro Division?
Simple. I think that every team out there worth their salt wants to play where the competition is. Being part of a Pro section in the best league in the world will actually mean something due to the hard fought qualification process. No longer will pro status be able to be self afforded. NPPL 2k5 looks like its gonna be the most hard fought league in the world. with the pro v pro only ( as i have heard from some people, if it is true) it will mean that teams involved play nothing but world class opposition game after game. To go to a series and test yourself against the best of the best is something to fight for the chance to achieve.

Anybody else think by the way, that the SD leg of the NPPL will be the real world cup this year?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by paintballma
I have seen the phrases birthing problems, committed to NPPL, and unfair used in this thread. My question is a trickle down...what of the current Am teams who have supported the league for 2 years and next year are forced to play the Pros who do not make the cut. Or, like the much feared Legion, or the newly reformed Platinum chose not to play NPPL this year but may be in 2005. They have not chosen this, it is being forced upon them. Should NPPL not fix it before it becomes a problem and not a knee jerk reaction after the season starts?

PS-Pete truth be told, everyone is now worried about the draw, ourselves included :eek:
The NPPL either increase the number of pros allowed in or you guys just have to suck it up.....another one of them damn birthing problems Sue :)

Sam : Ditto

tony33

Sep 24, 2004
New Jesery
redzcomfort.com
Semi Pro

From what I have heard (rumor) is the pros that don't make the top 17 this year and a certain # of top am teams will be in a semi pro division. This will probably make the most sense then they can take the best from this division and move them up and down or whatever. I believe the NPPL will implement a certain # of teams will move up and down each year in all divisions. The only problem will be the teams must commit for a whole year or the standings will not work. Plus with players hopping from team to team and whole rosters changing throughout the year this will be tough. Once again some stuff I have heard through the grapevine and I'm no where near the inner loop of the NPPL.

paintballma

Jul 26, 2001
cal
Pssh-birthing problems, been there done that. They are avoidable, if you choose, both in life and in NPPL :D

You are right, I hate to admit, if they were to allow more pro teams in, or the other option, which is to have an open class and an Am class. BTW-we are currently D2, so we can just stay put if we have to, I was looking at the big picture.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.