Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2005
Norfolk
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
WMT, please correct me if I'm wrong here but does the actual mentioning of barnett's name constitute harassment?
I really cannot see that it does but how can the mere mentioning of a name be described as harassment, surely I must be threatening him in some way to be guilty of harassment, or have I got it wrong here?

Also, the thing I find curious is, this thread, and previous threads of the same vein have been long-standing and so why did it take so long because surely if anyone had a problem with the content of these threads, then the timing is somewhat perplexing, if not a little academic.
Thousands upon thousands have read these posts as well as all the posts he made about me on various internet outlets such as FB etc ..
I'm pretty sure that in the same way as he has the option of accusing me of harassment, I could do the same but I'd never go down that road unless there were very specific circumstances such as a counter-suit to provide leverage.
I'm damned sure a lot of the attacks he's made upon me could easily be described as 'harassment' in much the same way as my posts concerning him, if indeed mine were.
It's a very grey area and like I said before the standard for arrest and charge will be very different. If Barnett gives a statement to say he is caused harassment by your actions then unless there is credible evidence available to the contrary ie a video of him saying he isn't bothered by it... The police will have to arrest you or if you come across as reasonable maybe interview you at home and report you instead ;)

The PIN is a bit naughty actually, under the old protection from harassment act you would get a harassment warning which lasted for six months and would give instructions ie do not contact joe blogs directly or indirectly and if you do you'll be prosecuted.
A PIN is simply informing you that an allegation has been made and what it is, it should not be telling you not to contact him or not to post about him.

Reactions: leach

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
WMT, the fact that the harassment law resides in such a grey area isn't helpful here because it seems to gain traction dependant upon what someone doesn't like said about them.
The law, I would have thought has to be independent from the vagaries of people's likes / dislikes but it seems not in this case.
Let me ask one more question of you, barnett has posted many insulting things about myself, a lot of which are untrue, is there any mileage in initiating a harassment order on him because it seems his posts can attract the same classification of harassment if I feel it is the case?

May 25, 2005
Norfolk
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
You'd be perfectly within your rights to make a complaint along the same lines.
The difference being, and don't take this the wrong way, is that with this thread you have 'targeted' Barnett and his activities and provided a platform for others to, in his eyes, attack him.
I haven't seen anything like that from him but then Im not in possesion of all the information.

But ultimately yes, if you feel harassed by his actions then make a complaint, he will get a PIN also and then everyone knows where they stand.

Reactions: leach

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
OK, thanks for that but the truth is, I don't feel harassed whatsoever even though he has indulged in much the same line of abuse as myself but the difference being, I haven't done the sort of things he has done and therefore not attracted the revelationary type posts I've authored.
He has however cultivated a platform of abuse directed toward myself on FB etc but that doesn't bother me at all, I see it as 'going with the territory' and don't feel any need to go to the law to defend me ... I do my own defending but it seems as though he's incapable of that.
As for how he feels?
I'm pretty sure he'll feel aggrieved but anyone in his position will feel bad because nobody likes being bought to book as he has done.
I don't think for one second that any of the posters in this thread have lied in respect to their experiences with him and so it's not as if any of the accusations aren't true which I suppose makes him feel vulnerable and harassed but there's a simple answer to that, don't do the things he has done ...I can understand people feeling harassed if they haven't done anything wrong but I think it's pretty rich he claims harassment when other people are merely recounting their experiences with him.

Let's face it, we live in litigious times and the law ends up being utilised for the bad as well as the good.
I've got absolutely zero intention in handing him any ammunition, justified or otherwise, and so I'll have your comments swilling around in my head and see where that takes me.
Cheers !

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Dave, as I mentioned earlier, he's made a couple of mistakes in those accusations concerning me which I'm fortunate enough that I can prove he's lied or been mistaken about.
I like the one where he said his innocence re the questions surrounding that appeal was 'proved' .... oh my :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
There sure was. He has made a number of personal attacks on so many people. Maybe some of these guys should return the favour with their own police complaints. A waste of police time but might be worth having something official from this side too.
Jim, all the way through this whole escapade he's attacked myself and people around me as you've noted; the thing is, all that goes out of his head when he pulls a stunt like this in trying to close me down with this latest legal ruse but as much as he has copies of posts I've made, we have copies of posts he has made.
I can only think that should this go to court, most judges would deem it as a 'tit for tat' engagement and preside accordingly ....
As much as he'd like to suggest I've somehow compromised his character, the real truth is, he's done it to himself because nobody in this thread has made anything up or exaggerated and so he has to face up to the consequences of his actions and he hasn't got the balls or self-respect to take the responsibility of his actions - he'd rather blame it all onto me and the others in this thread as some sort of conspiracy like he's done before ....

Reactions: oneijim

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Fact is,if he instigated this he's made a **** of it,it's going to do nothing but provoke another 20,000 views..

Reactions: Dusty

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
If that letter was written by the police then I suggest they send someone back to school! The standard of literacy contained in that is atrocious. My 12 year old could write a better letter!

As far as I can see, not one of those 'facts' are true at all. It's just embellishment of the real opinions that have been written.

To be honest, if you have said things that are really untrue then surely the relevant action would be for defamation via libel? The problem is the fact that The Defamation Act 2013 makes it a valid defence to show that anything said is either the truth, honest opinion, or in the public interest.

If harassment is that easy then he could potentially receive a nice book of these letters himself. The difference is that the people he attacks aren't the same level of pussy.

I wonder if the tabloids get these kind of letters when they write stuff about people? In those cases, a lot of the time it is really untrue!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
WMT - could you please try and clarify something for me here; surely, the act of harassment involves some degree of engagement inasmuch as I accost him somehow or keep asking to meet him or sending him emails or phone calls or turning up on his doorstep abusing or threatening him somehow ???
To harass someone must surely require direct or indirect malicious intent ?
I cannot see how me writing my opinion [and of course a lot of other people's opinions] can be classified as harassing him unless I grab hold of his head and make him read my posts??
In this sense, if he doesn't want to [erroneously] feel 'harassed' then don't phukin read any of my, or other people's posts that may or may not concern him.

As Mick noted above, the correct course of action should be to initiate a charge of libel if indeed he feels I am indulging in libel..... but let's face, he won't be doing that in a hurry because he knows full well that the people he has betrayed in the past, many of whom have posted in this threads, will be queuing up to make statements concerning their experiences with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dusty
Status
Not open for further replies.