Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Over 35's

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Laugh

Some of the threads on the forum tend to get a bit "serious" when they start having a go at other players, site owners, tournie organisers and especially marshals.

This thread is the funniest thread I have read on the forum for a long time, (Yes I can still read even though I now need reading glasses) keep the thread going.

Yes the event will happen possibly 30 Nov or 7 Dec depending on other events, location will be Skirmish Nottingham, fields will be a mix of Hyperball, Supair ball and woods:eek: Nick and myself will sort the details out in the next couple of days. We will also be contacting the "trade" for sponsorship, since most companies in UK paintball are run by over 35's I am sure they will help.

The bottom line -- If we can sort out a deal with a couple of marshalling crews and other elements that make for a successful tournie, once the expenses have been taken out of the game fee the balance will be donated to charity.

Maybe we could get the trade to "sponsor" a team of marshals (cash, paint or products then the game fee element set aside for marshalling could be donated to charity) Sponsor the food, sponsor the air, sponsor the scoreboard/rotas/paperwork etc... the more we can get sponsored the more will be donated to charity.

This is thinking aloud but I am sure it can happen.

Pete - if I play and get to the "fifty" I will donate £10 to the charity because it would be an achievement. If I hung a flag then it would have to be £25. (I think my money is safe!!!)

Steve

:) :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Laugh

Originally posted by Bully
Pete - if I play and get to the "fifty" I will donate £10 to the charity because it would be an achievement. If I hung a flag then it would have to be £25. (I think my money is safe!!!)
Steve
:) :)
Steve, if you get to the fifty, I too will donate ten quid to your chosen charity but if you hang a flag, then I would immediately ask you for 6 randon numbers between 1 and 49 and then race off like a whippett with its ass on fire to the nearest lottery shop :)

garycarrot

Apr 9, 2002
Durham, North East England
Visit site
Sponsor steve?

Why dont we all get a sponsor form and raise some cash for whatever charity Steve's on about?

If you send the forms out Steve, we can get our family/friends to sponsor your 50yard dash. Just like a sponsored walk? Only with paintball's!

What you think?

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Charity!!

No ideas for a charity, I am sure the younger players will be suggesting "Age Concern" but I am open to any suggestions.

Sponsor "steve" thats a good idea!!!!

H-pac are on board - they will be supporting the event

Cheers

Steve

garycarrot

Apr 9, 2002
Durham, North East England
Visit site
I am full of good ideas, and Bullsh**(says the wife!)

If we all get £10 to £20 in sponsorship, for Steves "mad dash", we can give it to what ever worthy cause, he wants to.

Why dont we see if we can come up with any more wild and crazy things we can get some cash raised for, might get some local/national papers interested in running with the story?

Mador

lurkin' in a dark place
Aug 7, 2001
Selby ...near York.
Visit site
:) :) :) :D :D This could prove a real money spinner....I'm sorry but just seeing the attempt would make me laff,...oops ..just drooped my marker!:D:D :D

I'd glady give £10 just too see it...btw make sure someone gets it on camera!:)

Lookin' forward to this event already Steve..could prove fun....Zimmer frames at the ready boys!:)

Big Ian

Jul 8, 2001
Robin Hood Country
Visit site
Zimmerframe Open - Marshalling

Got some volunteers for marshalling. Spoke to a couple of the guys from STUFD, and the team is more than willing to give up their time to marshall it.

Not very experienced, but keen ( or soft in the head ).

Could be the fact that I mentioned FREE BEER, that swung it. Either that or the thought of them actually seeing me play with my full head of blond locks blowing gracefully in the wind as I stroll to the dead box ! ( No chrome dome on my shoulders )

They will also donate £10 every time Bully hangs the flag, and another £10 for every game I see through to the end ! £20 should cover that then.

That all depends if Nick will give me time off for good behaviour though !!!!!! ( No pressure boss )