Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball photography

webber

imperialclothing.co.uk
Sep 11, 2006
Milton Keynes
I am a lad who loves my photography and would really like to try out a bit of action photograhy like paintball. i was just wondering if i could ask a few questions and maybe get them answered by fellow photographers.
where abouts do you place yourself? around the edge of the field or behind the netting?
Do you have special casing for your cameras? as obviously i dont want my camera getting hit by paint.
and what kind settings do you use? i.e shutter speed, Appeture setting etc.

i have some work to show if anyone is interested (sadly not of paintball)

would appreciate the help
Thanks
Webber

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
There are a few "paintball Papparazzi" on here, Danrandon, Rayko, Dark warrior (sorry if i've missed anyone). Don't be suprised if you get shot to hell and back while on the field, it's easy to mistake a photographer for a player.
Mind you, you boys have it so easy now with digital cameras, in my day we had to bu**er about with film and chemicals. And darkrooms are a thing of the past, can't say i miss it though.

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
well you would need a half decent Digital SLR, anything up from D50's, 350D's etc. with a large lense 100-300mm at least ( and probaly a small lense too), to protect your camera and lense, you want a U/V filter on the end (you should use that anyway), and a wildlife photographers cover to stop you camera getting blasted.. oh and dont bother with having it on manual, put it on full auto, burst mode and auto-focus

with regards to pictures, pictures differ from photographer to photographer, but you still get the same old close in action shots and wide angled shots.

just go out and click away and see what you get.

-james

webber

imperialclothing.co.uk
Sep 11, 2006
Milton Keynes
yeah i own a 300D at the moment but sadly no lense that large. obviously i need to purchase one.

thanks for the advice

danrandon

randonphotography.co.uk
Mar 4, 2005
leicester
www.randonphotography.co.uk
Personally speaking as a nikon registered pro, i shoot with a d100 with a 70-210 as the smaller ccd multiplies the focal length by 1.5. Also for tight crops i use a 300 f2.8 sigma lens (to keep up the light levels). Also in the kit bag i I have a 19-35, 28-70 and a 100mm lens to call upon when i require them.

I do indeed get shot to hell and back and get bonus balled as as you move down the tape line you do tend to get lit up quite a bit.

For camera covers i only normally use one when it rains (i don't pay for repairs from nikon) but i have never yet need to have the camera cleaned even though it has been hit several times.

Invest in the best and fastest memory cards you can afford as the quicker write times give you more shots in a burst.

if you want a little bit more detail in the players gear just play a little with a little more or less exposure.

The guys at the masters will know that i take a full mac setup with me including a generator and printer so i can sell prints on the day.

Also get to know the refs and players by mingling with them a lot. The better you are known the easier you task will be.

If you want to attend an event next year with me, i'll give you some pointers. I cover the uk masters events.

please feel free to visit my website at www.randonphotography.co.uk

more than anything, enjoy your work, enjoy the sport and enjoy the praise that you recieve on these forums from the players and event organisers.

All the best Dan

webber

imperialclothing.co.uk
Sep 11, 2006
Milton Keynes
i would love to attend an event with you and learn the ways, sounds great. obviously only being 16 i have alot to learn lol.