Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball photography

cappa

Nov 19, 2006
There s a guy at our site who has fited a camera to his angel and one to his mask some really good footage of game action do you play or just want to photograph. if the latter i think the best shots come if you buy a mask and get into the action, if your carefull with your camera and your not sliding around you souldnt need any protection for it.

duckiciao06

I'm a tiger...grrr
Dec 1, 2006
Messingham paintball challenge
Well tomorrow im playin with a coupla mates from college (puinters) so i think i may just let them get on with it and indulge myself creating art, though i may have a go and become a combatant photographer. I dont think my camera will mind though, ive dropped it on the floor a few times and the bloody thing still works!! Good ol mechanical 35mm SLRs, you cant beat em :D

danrandon

randonphotography.co.uk
Mar 4, 2005
leicester
www.randonphotography.co.uk
Im pretty much along the same lines as Webber, I am studying Photography at AS level, and was thinking about taking my camera (Good ole Praktica Super TL1000 :D) to paintball tomorrow. Is there any need to take a tripod, or is it just unneccesary weight? What tips can you give for having a shoot during play?

for gods sake, don't take a tripod, unnessacary weight, cumbersome and a pain in the arse. use a fast shutter speed with a fast iso film, say 400asa or push the 400 asa by 1 stop (ie 800asa if you can't get it locally) make sure the processor you use will push film before you do it though. A nice fast long lens is preferable.

and most of all learn from your mistakes.

killcrazy

now sporting the ego
Dec 4, 2006
bedlington (near newcastle)
all depends on the location too,
if your local field is cut out of the woods then its simple to stand in the trees at the edge of the field and take action shots from the sideline,
(beware of those odd branches that your camera focus' on though just as your about to take a fantastic pic, ending up with a picture of a twig and a blurry mess in the background :mad: )

Im currently using a Dimage Z10 (konica minolta), cant affor anything more expensive at the moment :( being a student and all that.

But it does the job for what i want at the moment. Usually take pictures of bands at gigs, done a few promo shots etc but want to get into the actions shots of paintball etc (aswell as playing!!) usually end up taking pictures of the last round in the day cos iv ran out of paint! haha!

Definatly take the advice of danrandon, the faster the write speed of your camera the faster you can be taking that next shot,
I may not have a mega expensive camera but when i upgraded my memory card i saw a hell of alot of difference in the way my camera functioned (and therefore in the quality of my photos) immediatly.
Total n00b point though, which im sure eevveerryyybody already knows about, if your camera needs batteries (and doesnt come with a rechargable), buy the most expensive ones you can!
spending £20 on a decent set of rechargable batteries is invaluble. might sound alot, but theres nothing worse than having to wait an age for your flash to recharge cos your batteries are nearly dead oinly to take the next photo and the thing die on you!

was in maplins the other day and spotted a small "spy" camera which works on a radio frequency or something, didnt have much explanation with it, but it got me thinking about making a hopper/mask cam as the thing was teeny. obviously wouldnt be the best quality but it would most likely prove to be a laugh!!

duckiciao06

I'm a tiger...grrr
Dec 1, 2006
Well, today was pretty good, i managed to shoot about 60 frames, so I should have 1 or 2 good shots. I used 400 B&W film, and 200 colour, so it may be a bit motion blurry, but hey, it adds speed and dynamicism to the shot :D. I got this absolutely amazing (or should be) shot where i pressed the shutter just as my mate snapped out and started firing, im sure i got the ball in the frame, so it should look pretty good when developed.

All in all, a not bad day, apart from where some plebby punter started shooting at me for the hell of it after a game :mad: , was not impressed :mad:

Jontain

Nov 15, 2006
Cambs
Hey guys, some really good info here, what lense would you guys suggest i put on my 350d, still running stock do to funds, its difficult being a student lol.

I do lots of different kinds of photography but paintball is something that really interests me, ive done motocross, mountainbiking, architechture, fire toys and im looking to branch out to more.

here is some of my stuff on www.jontain.deviantart.com if your interested, not much in the way of paintball photography just yet but im working on it.

All info is good guys

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
Just been brousing your work, very impressive, I'd frame it and theres not alot I'd frame ;)

DEFINATELY invest in camera protection, athough saying that my boyfriends camera got shot directly on the lense while shooting recballers at our old site and lived to tell the tale. But I would suggest chancing it...it was a spyda that shot it though... lol :D

All the best, feel free to PM me or start a new thread with any nre pictures.

katxx

duckiciao06

I'm a tiger...grrr
Dec 1, 2006
You know that shot that i told you about earlier, the one where i en-framed the ball leaving the barrel? Well, it seems that the film had already been used, and so all i have is a horrible mess of doubly exposed pictures which cost me a fiver. I almost cried...

However, all is not lost, I still have my B&W film, I'll get that developed and a contact sheet done tomorrow at college. Im still absolutely gutted about the loss of that shot though :(

By the way Jontain, you have some sick shots man! Well frikkin done!