Paintball will disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckRaker

Nov 14, 2002
Annandale, Va.
Visit site
Originally posted by Meyer

I'm not saying this military theme is bad, I personally enjoy these military recreations periodically, but tournament paintball needs to draw a distinction between itself and recballing, which is why I'm excited about X-Ball. I think very soon were going to see ESPN and other sports networks taking an interest in tournament paintball as the sport grows as a new extreme sport.
that's kinda the same argument NPPL is using to promote it's new seven man series ... and I really don't want to come off as a NaySayer ... I guess the problem is that no one is willing to step up to the plate and market this thing. right now, IMO, the only people who are truly interested in paintball as a sport are the ballers. But that's like a double edged sword. On the one side, ballers want to be taken seriously, on the other ... their own negativity and smacktalking about their sport and other players seriously hampers the leagues' abilities to draw major national sponsors to the sport.

At the same time, the leagues don't do enough to squelch the negative attitudes within the ranks or to promote the sport in a positive light.

As for donning camo ... I was young once and foolish. I'll stick with my pretty tourney jersies, unless of course, someone makes a supair camo pattern. :D

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Ghost Cow was here

Steve,
and anyone else who saw the now deleted posts. Do me a favor and instead of responding to them give me or Bud a heads up when something like that happens. Thanks.

Rest of you mind your own business. :) :p

PS--not that most eveyone here can't deal with that sort of nonsense themselves but why should you when I got the big red button?:D

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Ghost Cow was here

Originally posted by Wadidiz
Steve,
and anyone else who saw the now deleted posts. Do me a favor and instead of responding to them give me or Bud a heads up when something like that happens. Thanks.

Rest of you mind your own business. :) :p

PS--not that most eveyone here can't deal with that sort of nonsense themselves but why should you when I got the big red button?:D
I gotcha Ninja-cow.

I'm not being scared away by some numb-nut trailer trash, but I think I'm going to delete this thread that I started. Some people don't understand my points or perhaps too wacked sense of humor. I'm also tired of having my name connected to it when it gets bumped up.:eek: People don't usually take time to read all the qualifications and changes I made further down the thread.

So here's a heads-up.

Steve

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Just to let you know, joe bob, that I said basically the same thing many posts back. Might be good if you scanned the posts that came between the original one and this one.

Here's an excerpt:
Already said several times in this thread (read my last post) that I agree that lasertag sucks. Probably always will.
My main point was about safety as you can read.

Steve

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Anyone noticed how the only time paintball appears on a mainstream TV show it's so some plank can get injured?

Also agree with the comments on Jackass, I love the show, but the Bam Margera/Phil Margera paintball ambush was bloody stupid, they should have been charged for it.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Anyone seen this new laserball thingy? Indoor "paintball" standard markers fire a spongy ball which causes a reaction when it hits your playing shirt, UV lights make it all look very weird. Looks interesting. (plus you just garden vac the balls at the end of a game).

Meyer

Are they regular markers? I'd heard that they were .80 caliber. But anyway, it seems like its got more of a home in fairs/amusement parks where people can walk by and play a few games w/out getting too dirty. Seems like much higher overhead cost, but cheaper long run, cause you don't need to clean up much and you can reuse the balls. A bit different than paintball though, as only a hit in the sensor vest will count (god, youd have to bunker everybody out). Hopefully it'll draw more interest to paintball.

Status
Not open for further replies.