Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pbnation bans NPPL

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
An absolutely stupid move by the guys behind pbnation, the NPPL are trying to take things forward and the network they are working with will try and manufacture an audience as early as possible and by making sure they are the ones with the film people want to see will help them.

Normal practise I would have thought.

Russ

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
i have to say shaun walker has actually got his head screwed on, i think he will be do some good stuff with the nppl, and as for PBN well its the nation isnt it, bunch of silly 14yr olds so what do they care, and the owner sounds like a bit of a tool

ION_CRAZY

Upgrade your Game
Jul 11, 2005
UK
www.paintball-upgrades.co.uk
i can understand why they do this, if you spent years making a paintball movie company and promote the sport with quality DVD's, then to be told that you cant do this anymore, it would tick me off too. I think Pbnation might be going a little far, but they support the whole sport, not just one league. Fox is a big company, and they may cover the event differently, who knows if this move by the nppl will help the sport, they could get awful commentators, poor video and not show the games that have low ranked teams. I think that the guys from Derder and monkey with a gun do a great job, they do it because they are painballers themselves. If fox decide to put paintball on TV over here it would be a good thing, but i think Fox and the nppl will have to do a lot to convince most ballers that this is a good decision.

Ranger

Looking for a team.
I noticed from the interview with the fox/nppl guy that its only for this event. So there is plenty of opportunity for the likes of DERDER and Monkey with a gun etc to get their films for dvd. I dont understand how trying to bring paintball to a wider audience can actually harm anyone.
Typical 'i got my head up my own arse' reaction from the pb nappy brigade.

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
i can understand why they do this, if you spent years making a paintball movie company and promote the sport with quality DVD's, then to be told that you cant do this anymore, it would tick me off too. I think Pbnation might be going a little far, but they support the whole sport, not just one league. Fox is a big company, and they may cover the event differently, who knows if this move by the nppl will help the sport, they could get awful commentators, poor video and not show the games that have low ranked teams. I think that the guys from Derder and monkey with a gun do a great job, they do it because they are painballers themselves. If fox decide to put paintball on TV over here it would be a good thing, but i think Fox and the nppl will have to do a lot to convince most ballers that this is a good decision.

Yes but how will paintball ever move into 10yr old's dreams of paintball being on TV if we only keep the video etc in our own circle.