The Home Of European Paintball

Pbnation bans NPPL

jinx76

i'm with ure mom
Jun 16, 2003
sheep land
www.nolimitpainball.co.uk
mmmm

Actually, it'll be broadcast at 4:30 PM. Prime-time in the US is 8 PM to 11 PM.

I think there area couple interesting things here.

One, if paintball is going to be on TV, part of that is only the television production company gets to film. That's just the way it is.

But, it does not look like that's the case here. Here, it looks like NPPL is doing the same thing that's been done before: Paying Fox to air their program. When you pay to air your program, there usually isn't a requirement that what you produce be exclusive (beyond not putting it on another network). And, NPPL is broadcasting the center court field live on the internet, so there obviously can't be an exclusive filming/broadcast deal in place. If there was, NPPL wouldn't be broadcasting live on the internet either.

But, if the film companies were offered reimbursements, I really don't see what there is to complain about here. Too many people in paintball think they are 'entitled' to be in business. You're not. If the leagues don't want you to film there events, then you either need to find a way to make them believe it is in their best interest to let you film, or you need to accept that you just can't be in the business that you want to be in.

It's also a dangerous precedent when one company starts taking actions because their friends in another company are upset about something.
pretty much what i was gonna say especially the new prescedent of siding with your buddy over something that effects everyone on a public forum now that just dumb as a bucket of shrimp.

my 2bobs

also would just like to say shaun walker is doing whats best for the company he works for / owns ???? at the end of the day he is running it as a business and thats that.

regards

jinx:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jinx76

i'm with ure mom
Jun 16, 2003
sheep land
www.nolimitpainball.co.uk
mmmm

Actually, it'll be broadcast at 4:30 PM. Prime-time in the US is 8 PM to 11 PM.

I think there area couple interesting things here.

One, if paintball is going to be on TV, part of that is only the television production company gets to film. That's just the way it is.

But, it does not look like that's the case here. Here, it looks like NPPL is doing the same thing that's been done before: Paying Fox to air their program. When you pay to air your program, there usually isn't a requirement that what you produce be exclusive (beyond not putting it on another network). And, NPPL is broadcasting the center court field live on the internet, so there obviously can't be an exclusive filming/broadcast deal in place. If there was, NPPL wouldn't be broadcasting live on the internet either.

But, if the film companies were offered reimbursements, I really don't see what there is to complain about here. Too many people in paintball think they are 'entitled' to be in business. You're not. If the leagues don't want you to film there events, then you either need to find a way to make them believe it is in their best interest to let you film, or you need to accept that you just can't be in the business that you want to be in.

It's also a dangerous precedent when one company starts taking actions because their friends in another company are upset about something.
pretty much what i was gonna say especially the new prescedent of siding with your buddy over something that effects everyone on a public forum now that just dumb as a bucket of shrimp.

my 2bobs

also would just like to say shaun walker is doing whats best for the company he works for / owns ???? at the end of the day he is running it as a business and thats that.

regards

jinx:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham

Yup on the last point.

I don't really agree with what PBN have done, but really, it shouldn't have a big effect on the NPPL right? It's only a discussion forum...?

And, I wasn't aware they'd been paid reimbursements, if they have that makes it better. & it's hopefully to paintball's (and possibly their) benefit they were excluded anyway- if more players are brought into the sport then they will buy more DVD's eventually.

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
the only people who will be losing out will be PBNation. like people will stop watching nppl live or taking part or watching events cause someone on a forums said so??

But, it does not look like that's the case here. Here, it looks like NPPL is doing the same thing that's been done before: Paying Fox to air their program. When you pay to air your program, there usually isn't a requirement that what you produce be exclusive (beyond not putting it on another network). And, NPPL is broadcasting the center court field live on the internet, so there obviously can't be an exclusive filming/broadcast deal in place. If there was, 'NPPL wouldn't be broadcasting live on the internet either.
The issue of rights to the webcast was brought up.
They said that because its going out live and for free, then it isnt covered under the exclusivity deal.

Also, while i know almost nothing about TV deals i'd be very surprised if there were just 2 possible deals,
#1 The league pays the broadcaster, the broadcaster gets no rights to the footage.
and
#2 The league does not pay the broadcaster therefore the broadcaster has all the rights.

Id imagine the deals are thrashed out with many elements of perceived value being offered from either side, exclusivity of media being just one of them.

Like I say I know very little about TV deals so Im sorry if thats not correct.
I just have a hard time beleiving its as categorical as you imply.

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
because the webcast was not "recorded footage" fox had no issue....any recorded footage on centre coure, fox had exclusive rights to.

my understanding of it anyway

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
the nation all jumped on the " yes ban there ass what what they have done to us "

like the world owes the nation some thing, why cant some one pull the plug on the nation and all the little worms attached to it. a mass NOOB kull :cool:

G

Gassy

And when the plugs pulled on the nation where do you think they will all go lump?

we will have a forum full of wgp4life,pooboyx and co:eek: