Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pbnation bans NPPL

evoonline

CPPS Referee 4 Life.
Feb 14, 2007
Rugeley, Staffordshire
if i was the nppl bosses i would laugh at pbnation when they ring up to moan about not allowing filming this 1 event by dvd companys. what has it got to do with them. shaun explaining it earlier over and over. he aughto of just said 'who are pbnation?? why should i care what they think about me and the nppl' ... or something :)

OmniM

BullitPr00f Monkey
Apr 24, 2004
Sweden
www.bullitproofmonkey.com
almost the same sh*t is already happening in the Millennium. Some mediapartners are locked out from the CPL/SPL .. ENTIRE SEASON, and just not the finals but the whole thing! So I understand MWAG but since its just for the Boston event I hope FOX makes it a good one :)

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
The way the nation have behaved is perfectly in line with its usual demographic poster.
A big mistake that will do a lot of harm to the impartial credibility of the forum.
A typical case of a big fish in a small pond believing in his own self importance.
We do have two English word's that describes him perfectly - stupid twat.

Russ

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
This is a good point:

Deimus85 said:
Just to play devil's advocate....I don't remember PBN shunning the NXL for the 2 years that other companies couldn't film on those fields...
Blazestorm said:
The big difference being that the NXL was closed from the start, then opened
Not Open... then abruptly closed.
They *the MWAG guys etc* didn't know this was happening until they showed up to the event. That's bull****. They paid for hotels, booth, car rental, etc. etc. just to be told they can't film the ****ing center court of the NPPL?
They knew they couldn't film the NXL before... it wasn't like "Hey guys you can come film the NXL... " They show up "Oh we were just kidding lollerskates"
Huge difference.
But it's still pretty over the top, to say the least.

The footage is supposedly going to be shown on prime time TV!...hopefully this is a mahoosive step in the right direction.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Actually, it'll be broadcast at 4:30 PM. Prime-time in the US is 8 PM to 11 PM.

I think there area couple interesting things here.

One, if paintball is going to be on TV, part of that is only the television production company gets to film. That's just the way it is.

But, it does not look like that's the case here. Here, it looks like NPPL is doing the same thing that's been done before: Paying Fox to air their program. When you pay to air your program, there usually isn't a requirement that what you produce be exclusive (beyond not putting it on another network). And, NPPL is broadcasting the center court field live on the internet, so there obviously can't be an exclusive filming/broadcast deal in place. If there was, NPPL wouldn't be broadcasting live on the internet either.

But, if the film companies were offered reimbursements, I really don't see what there is to complain about here. Too many people in paintball think they are 'entitled' to be in business. You're not. If the leagues don't want you to film there events, then you either need to find a way to make them believe it is in their best interest to let you film, or you need to accept that you just can't be in the business that you want to be in.

It's also a dangerous precedent when one company starts taking actions because their friends in another company are upset about something.