Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

playing footwear?

Rickymeah

Feb 2, 2014
woodsball mate you can't go wrong with army boots such as mags short firm ground footie boots are perfect

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
for most people it is football boots for woodball....but i prefer to wear my boots saves my ancles
I would say not. The majority of members on here will be speedball related, and football boots are suited for tournament style paintball.

In the woods I would advise against football boots. Uneven ground makes ankle support the main factor, and anything studded will become a disadvantage in situations such as crossing bridges, Tarmac areas etc

The footwear you use needs to be suitable for the surface and to give your personal needs.

Eg grip from tread or studs obviously helps grip, this can be used for fast starts in sprints, stop-ability and the ability to change direction
These can be counter productive - if you sprint, then twist and turn on the spot your original forward motion can result in stress on your ankle and an injury because your foot grips and stops you in your tracks
Have added support and you protect yourself from that

penguin20000

Jun 6, 2007
Warwickshire, UK
Awesome idea, I have just remembered my work gave me some steel toe capped trainer type things (I work in an office, you figure it out) I could use them for as long as they last...
They came in handy the one day the marshal at NPF decided give the choice of ends to the first guy who shot himself in the foot one game :)

There was quite a few shocked expressions when i did that, until i informed them i had steel toe caps on :D

Reactions: trigger happy

trigger happy

No prisoners, No mercy
Dec 30, 2012
I guess its time to get rid of the astro turf trainers n invest in some boots from what you guys are saying, not that ive had any problems with astro turfs

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
I have had a pair of Nike Landshark classics for around 5 years now and there spot on for both woodsball and Supair...just a shame they are not the easiest of footware to get hold of in the UK.

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
I have been playing in my trail running shoes. Seeing as I am running less and less on trails I have decided to keep using them. They are Salomon Speedcross 3's. Not cheap but shed loads of grip