Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

playing footwear?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I have played in walking trainers, astro trainers and football boots. I preferred the boots/astro depending on ground condition.

However I have been told that I can not use my boots unless I get the studs changed as metal tips are not aloud. Something about they may become sharpe.
I would have thought they would not get sharp if on appropriate ground
If on hard ground, gravel, Tarmac etc then there will be wear. In such case it's not appropriate for metal studs
If it's grass etc then they won't be worn away - but they may not want you ripping their turf

Daston

May 2, 2011
I normally ware decent walking/hiking boots you get good grip and ankle support. However the last tournament I did I ended up face diving from the off due to wet grass, I did manage to shoot some paint at the same time so I looked like Neo (in my head).

Caffeine

Jun 17, 2014
Woodsball: Lightweight hiking boots, if it's been raining at any point the day before then I wear some much heavier but waterproof boots. My field can get pretty muddy and getting around with wet socks can kinda ruin the day for me. Used to wear some combat boots for just about everything but preferred the lighter weight from the hiking boots.
Speedball: Some Adidas trainers with some soft, comfy soles. I dunno. They're comfy. I would get some cleats if I played speedball more often.

ToniH

May 26, 2014
Finland
All of our speedball tournaments are on turf or grass. I prefer soccer shoes designed for turf / gravel. If you have problems with ankles get the boots with proper support.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
^ Yep, I have a pair of Nike soccer cleats that I use. Light, comfortable, grippy. They work great.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I'm gutted they stopped making the high top JT paintball cleats, which were an excellent paintball boot. I'm still using mine, but they are pretty knackered now. when they finally wear out I'll probably replace them with Tanel 360's. I need good ankle support.