Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Predictions for 2010, let's hear them!

paintball_scots

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2008
glasgow
what about pbv?
palm beach vipers split away from Ken Bryson and are now playing D1 as the ex-vipers. the vipers didnt play well at all this year anyway.

The semi-pro teams should seriously consider if its worth it to go pro.
Aftermath2 have gone undeated all season in the semi-pro bracket, theyve won 70 points and lost 25 points with the point spread of the games usually being like 7-2.

so i think the semi-pro teams should look and see if its worth bumping up to pro when they cant even beat the best team in their own bracket once. The only team that has come close is RNT allstarz.

But hey world cup is around the corner and its always anybodys game, but with a record like aftermath's i think theyll roll right over everyone.

thomas221289

super soaker ftw!
Aug 12, 2008
ashington
palm beach vipers split away from Ken Bryson and are now playing D1 as the ex-vipers. the vipers didnt play well at all this year anyway.

The semi-pro teams should seriously consider if its worth it to go pro.
Aftermath2 have gone undeated all season in the semi-pro bracket, theyve won 70 points and lost 25 points with the point spread of the games usually being like 7-2.

so i think the semi-pro teams should look and see if its worth bumping up to pro when they cant even beat the best team in their own bracket once. The only team that has come close is RNT allstarz.

But hey world cup is around the corner and its always anybodys game, but with a record like aftermath's i think theyll roll right over everyone.
when did they split?

yeah they should but joy and nexus are going over lots hope our boys can upset the mix!

paintball_scots

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2008
glasgow
a few weeks ago theyre was a big cafuffle on pro paintball with all the players attacking Ken because apprently he was being a knob to them.

http://www.propaintball.com/2009/09/palm-beach-vipers-update/#more-4708

to be perfectly honest i would be alot more grateful if i was getting to play with all the paint i could shoot for 20 dollars.

It should be good with some euro teams playing, after seeing a few of nexus' games i honestly think they could beat aftermath.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
The way I read this I focused on More.

But it would be nice to see CPPS become sanctioned and earn seed points for the fed cup next year etc.
I think the reason this is being questioned by people (especially Robbo) is that there was a thread earlier where it was made clear that the CPPA were not on the Feds radar when they initially mapped this plan out, and there was some question over whether the CPPA would still be running this year (which was not answered as far as I know).

That said, is someone still walking around the CPPA camp shouting "the feds ain't got no repeck for us!!"? Because I'm going to go on record and say that this kind of petty partizan behaviour is exactly what has held UK ball back for so long.

For example - what if, because of idiotic behaviour and people feeling 'diss'ed', the CPPA guys don't support the fed event, and vice versa. You're back where you were. No unification, and no cohesion.

Not you Dave, I just quoted your post for context.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I think the reason this is being questioned by people (especially Robbo) is that there was a thread earlier where it was made clear that the CPPA were not on the Feds radar when they initially mapped this plan out, and there was some question over whether the CPPA would still be running this year (which was not answered as far as I know).

That said, is someone still walking around the CPPA camp shouting "the feds ain't got no repeck for us!!"? Because I'm going to go on record and say that this kind of petty partizan behaviour is exactly what has held UK ball back for so long.

For example - what if, because of idiotic behaviour and people feeling 'diss'ed', the CPPA guys don't support the fed event, and vice versa. You're back where you were. No unification, and no cohesion.

Not you Dave, I just quoted your post for context.

On the money as ususal from Missy but I'd like to add a few things; Firstly, there were two guys running the CPPS, Mark was the money man and Rich was the 'go do' guy.

All through this year, Mark has been keeping me up to date with what they were planning and what they had achieved.
I put all this information before the board as the year progressed and as we saw those guys put on the sort of event we were aspiring to, we decided to award them provisional status sanctioning with a view to running exhibition events in the year 2010.

And so, please don't tell me again, the Fed are against or ignoring anything the CPPS were doing, quite the contrary in fact.

It became obvious for Mark as the year progressed that maybe investing the thousands he did in tournaments wasn't going to be a policy that he could continue with.

What some of you may not really appreciate is, events like the Blackpool Pier tournament was a success because of Mark's money and NOT because of team's support.

Mark put his money where his mouth was but I'm afraid the number of teams who decided to support their events was so low, it meant Mark lost thousands, and I mean thousands at just that one event.

That situation wasn't gonna last; it's all well and good, everybody jumping up and down flying the CPPS flag when the series just couldn't sustain itself without Mark continually pumping in his thousands of pounds.

Mark is no fool, he had to look at 2010 with another pair of eyes otherwise the poor sod was gonna go skint.

As soon as he realised the reality of what event paintball in the UK would return, he decided to pull the plug and lose no more money ...and let's face it, there's not a person among us who could justifiably criticise that decision ... well if you did, you're an unthinking dick !!

This left Rich Harriss holding the baby as it were; now I don't suppose Rich minds me saying, he has had a rough year, what with some personal problems that pretty much meant Mark did most of the work as well as the funding.
This took it's obvious toll but when Mark pulled the financial plug a few months back, there was a consequent financial vacuum that Rich wasn't really in any position to back fill.

When word got out that something was amiss, people began began bleating this, that and whatever but the harsh reality is, the CPPS was a circuit that couldn't be sustained ... it was doomed to fail from the start.

As to why?
Well, it's simple finances, you cannot run events like the CPPS promoted without a certain degree of team support and I'm afraid that just wasn't forthcoming.

Of course, people will suggest that all Mark had to do was wait out another year, well that's fine, but are these people prepared to stump up thousands on the chance it will attract enough teams?
Nah, course they ain't.

And so where are we now?
Rich has declared his intention to continue but the harsh reality of that decision is this, either he has to locate another money man who will fund next year's series ... likelihood?
A big fat zero !!
...or, he attempts to run the series with less funding.

The consequences of the latter decision, although brave, does mean the standard of event must be lowered ... no disrespect to Rich in any way but he hasn't got the same financial muscle as Mark and therefore won't be able to invest in any events in the same way Mark did.

In fact, these events will have to be run on shoestring budgets closely tied to how many teams pre-book and more importantly pre pay; And this is because sooo many bloody teams just say they are coming and then not turn up leaving the poor promoter financially compromised.

And so please no more cr@p about the Fed not getting on with the CPPS or wanting to put it down in any way whatsoever, that's just plain insane guys, and I'm damned sure Rich has the utmost respect for what we the Fed are trying to do because we were running parallel paths this year which would have I'm sure, converged for the 2010 season.

I hope that's straightened things out here guys.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
1. Vicious and XSV try desperately to avoid being moved to Pro
2. Robbo stops laughing at Missy's Chuck prediction
3. Missy has to temporarily flee her northern home when the RCMP charge her with crimes against fashion and good taste
4. 5 more pro teams "disappear" during the off season
5. PSP puts out a DVD set of the season's webcasts by event, nobody buys them, the webcast is shut down and everyone moans about another significant loss to paintball
6. NPPL name is back and everyone pretends like USPL never happened
7. Valken initiates a generous divisional team "sponsorship" package tied to their retailers

And Missy's KEE and Kingman "prediction" doesn't count because it's already in the works and has been since before I predicted it a month or more ago. :p

Oh and the same on that Tippmann Draxxus deal too. :)