Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ramping at dartford

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
OMG Eric, you're quite right - I have blindly just been following the pack in regards to the safety aspect of ramping.

It's a good job that we (London Tigers) don't train with ramping all the time, or that the PSP allow ramping in Divisional X-ball or we could be exposing ourselves to danger!

Or you could just admit that your dislike of ramping is politically motivated, and that uncapped semi with the ridiculous amount of "assistance" that many markers provide (out of the box) and the uber-light, "perfectly set-up" triggers that were so popular amongst some teams last year were far more dangerous in terms of controlling accidental discharge and over-shooting.

Ramping may not be a perfect solution to the cheater-board/triggerbounce/stacking shots problem, but it sure as hell evens the field and gives everyone a chance to develop new skills to dazzle the crowd with.

I do find it humourous that the biggest critics of "legal, assisted fire modes" (that are easily checked, as opposed to the absurd rules in place last year - Philly's guns in Open-X @ Campaign anyone ;) :p ) seem to be coming from the same camp;)

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Originally posted by Edd Hobday
At a guess it would be that you played for Red Heat last season!

-EDD
Yes b4 ramping was made an issue and b4 Maddog joined the Team

Obviously he is very narrow minded if he believes people are not capable of independant thought and that Red Heat are the only team who share that view

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Originally posted by Dark Warrior

Obviously he is very narrow minded if he believes people are not capable of independant thought and that Red Heat are the only team who share that view
Hahahahahaha, thanks Eric - that's the first time I've ever been described as narrow-minded:D

You do have to admit that it is a little strange that the vocal outrage aganist this "Dangerous and foolish development in our sport" comes from pretty much one source tho - ne pas?

Anyway - enough of the personal attacks, what about your answers to my statements regarding the 'Arms race' that existed last year?

Jasper

Northern Heroes #03
Sep 3, 2003
Carlisle UK
back on the subject

did dartford 7s vote on ramping or are the organisers gonna decide?

either way your always gonna get get people who want it an people who dont, leagues that use it and leagues that dont for this year at least.

So why argue just play in a league that uses it if you want it or play in a league that doesnt allow it if you dont want it.

Instead of going over the same arguement on any thread where ramping is mentiond. Just play the game:cool: