The Home Of European Paintball

ramping at dartford

KEN@AFGM

Snake player of choice!
Aug 6, 2001
Brighton
Visit site
The ramping thing.

Yes we had a vote on ramping at D 7's. I belive the vote waqs something like 3 for and everyone else said no and therefore it was n't allowed.

Got to have a go with a ramping gun. (at the chrony station) My initial reaction was....how much fun is this!!! Seriously put a grin on my face. However upon reflection i will still vote against it at the next d7's (if there's a vote) for the following reasons.

1: Makes muggings very dangerous ( i put 3 in a guy on Sunday in a mug which would certainly have been 15 otherwise)
2: It lessens skills people have spent years perfecting in learning to run and shootaccurately (paint by volume)
3: Overshooting in cross field "when you've got them unaware" scenario. Again from the snake i'd have ripped some people in half yesterday if my marker ramped.
4: Personally i don't want to take multiple hits in the goggles at point blank range. (i like my eye's)

Other than that i loved yesterday. (Got to play and beat the preds twice.... If your reading this Dave sorry i just couldn't resist!!)

Much love to all we played!!

Ken

Fletch

Reigstered User
Nov 16, 2004
esher , surrey
Visit site
Getting back to the kid thing ,

Allot off kids use D7s as the first step into real paintball, If at all the big tourneys rampings aloud personally I think it should be at D7s because safety concerns aside id like to know what to expect if and when I progress past D7s.
There are the kids that play D7s that are the future of the game, and there are the adults who work in an office but love paintball find things like walk on’s to easy put together a team and go play D7s for the fun of it which is why I can see why rampings outvoted cuz if your there for a laugh you don’t want the **** shot outa you lol

Originally posted by Myth
yeh but to be honest i marshall a lot at dartford and these ''new kids'' are mostly in the lowest division where theres hardly any ramping - but its a diffrent story in div 1 lol

The players up in div one who play to progress so to speak use it , the players out there for a laff dont . simple as :)

D7's

Home to Notorious Kids
Aug 15, 2002
www.d7s.co.uk
The ramping thing.

Originally posted by KEN@AFGM
Yes we had a vote on ramping at D 7's. I belive the vote waqs something like 3 for and everyone else said no and therefore it was n't allowed.

Got to have a go with a ramping gun. (at the chrony station) My initial reaction was....how much fun is this!!! Seriously put a grin on my face. However upon reflection i will still vote against it at the next d7's (if there's a vote) for the following reasons.

1: Makes muggings very dangerous ( i put 3 in a guy on Sunday in a mug which would certainly have been 15 otherwise)
2: It lessens skills people have spent years perfecting in learning to run and shootaccurately (paint by volume)
3: Overshooting in cross field "when you've got them unaware" scenario. Again from the snake i'd have ripped some people in half yesterday if my marker ramped.
4: Personally i don't want to take multiple hits in the goggles at point blank range. (i like my eye's)

Other than that i loved yesterday. (Got to play and beat the preds twice.... If your reading this Dave sorry i just couldn't resist!!)

Much love to all we played!!

Ken
We did get of to a bad start, but what can I say, apart from I totally agree with above:cool: