Which site/company in YOUR opinion, has the worst reputation

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hybrid

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2006
Croydon, Greater London
Well i've been to DF a few times, and around 3-4 of their sites and in all honesty its not as bad as they seem.

I can't say I love the place, but they initially got me hooked so i feel as if i owe something to them.....(well I would if the ball prices were cheaper!):D

On average, the marshals I've seen are friendly, motivated guys with a passion for paintball. A couple of the bigwigs at the sites may be a different case however.

Paint was pretty bad quality last time I was there and there was constant bounces, breaks in the hopper or barrel.

Equip, generally was in pretty bad condition (although now I've seen its all been upgraded and I can't gripe here).

I can't say I've had the greatest time on some of my trips, least of all in comparison to Skirmish (best site ever), but I don't think it deserves as much flak as it get, although I can see why it does!

Equinox

Go Ball Deep!!!
Well..

I have visited three DF sites in my time.
(i did vote DF in the poll)
However, As far as numbers that attend, and Health and Safety.
I would agree that Delta Force sites are probably the safest sites i have been too. and 300 on the weekends isnt that outrageous.
And in fairness, they all were decent sites as well.

Some Smaller Independant sites however.
Oh My God!!!! Where Do I Begin!!
:- No chronographs! (280FPS - 380FPS, it all looks the same!)
:- Poorly maintained (and out of date) Bottles! (need i say more?!?)
:- Untrained Staff and Marshals. (Think WD40 on a muddy nipple!)
:- Marshalls with God Complex's/Atitude Problems/Swear and Threat near kids!
:- Old & Poorly Maintained guns! (mainly bad for the punters)
:- Old/Poorly maintained Goggles!! (Especially old/damaged lens)
:- Questionable insurence! (if the unthinkable does happen.)
:- Poor safety talks! (resulting in more goggle lifts.)

Seriously! It is my firm oppinion that sooner or later one of these little backwatter nightmare sites is going to get either a staff member or a
Punter killed through Neglect of equipmant and/or ignorance.
And that will be a sad day for paintball, as negative press for paintball
in the UK seems to always have serious consequences for the PB community as a whole!.
Anyway, Small independant sites wernt on the list..

My 2 problems with DF are biggies however.
First and foremost, the marshalls.
None of them were overly helpfull.
All 3 sites seemed way undermarshalled.
And generally, they seemed like theyd rather be somewhere else!

And i had an unfortunate incident where some spotty teen tw@t of a Marshall while fooling with other marshalls hit me on the back of the head
with a half full pot. If he'd appoligised, no beef! i marshall, and i used to fool around sometimes and occasionally, things go wrong.
But he called other marshalls and pointed at me and laughed whitch didnt help as it actually hurt. (the other marshalls didnt find it so funny)
Unkind Words were exchanged, and i soon after overheard said marshall say to another marshall how much of a grumpy [expletive deleted] i was.
(im also pretty sure i was meant to hear it.)
It very nearly came to Fistycuffs, (my 2 friends saved him a severe beating.)his attitude really ruined my day.
I find it hard to believe he had any training on customer care or marshalling in general.

Secondly, Those damn Shopping Mall Sellers!!!
Guppy, You've done an excelent job standing by DF and brought up many fair and unarguable points! but no matter how much you Defend your marketing strategies, There still utter trash!!! and youd be best rid of them.
I always stop to see what they have to offer..
Here are two prime examples..

1:- I had 2 sellers (who obviously had a litle knoledge about PB) telling me
that the markers supplied were made by WDP and were Angels of some sort!
He even showed me a pic of what looked like an 05 Speed!
If i were a punter seeing that "shiney electric Gun" then given an Inferno.
Id feel a little cheated..
Seriously, i dont know if thats a fault on your end in not telling them properly what to advertise, or if its them trying to make more cash!
But ive seen such things on several occasions...
And more milder transgretions include promising things like extra paint ect whitch again, could make a punter feel cheated, i know in all likelyhood, thats down to the sellers, but at the end of the day, they answer to you!!!

2:- The independant site i used to work at often had Delta force Partys turning up because they were directed to us by the marketers. (nearest DF is about 30 miles away) and of course, they vented there anger at us!!!
Wasnt good for you, Wasnt good for us either!!!
I even once had a guy who tried to sell me Tickets claiming i could use them
at the site i worked on!! Needless to say i tried to put him straight in front of the other potential punters there but he insisted i was talking b###ocks!

So.. Safety and site Quality, Spot On!!! =D
Keep up the good work!!
But Lose the Marketing! And sort your Marshalls out!
And maybey one day Your Bandwaggon will run out of Steam
and grind to an unceremonial Halt!!!

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Equinox. Defo some fair points raised there.

Ticket sellers= out of my hands completely, but what i can do is pass on genuine complaints, such as the guys in Norwich. I try to catch them out too, but the ones i've met have been 95% accurate. I think the worst they told me was that soft drinks were included in the 'free tea and coffee', and holding in the trigger halfway makes an inferno full auto :rolleyes:

I think the comment about marshals attitude and lack of professionalism is one that can be addressed tho. They do get very little in 'customer service' training, mostly it's all about equipment and H & S. It's certainly an area which can be reviewed.

Thanks for the input :)

Simon Menashy

Birmingham Uni
Aug 5, 2006
Brum/London, UK
****, that says worst. That'll teach me to follow links people send me and vote before reading... NPF have the best reputation, and rightly so!

Delta Force ticket sellers give paintball as a whole a bad reputation. So many students have been put off from joining us and coming along on our trips to NPF because they've been stung in the past, either by having wasted money on packs of "discounted VIP tickets" they've never used or from all the money they actually ended up spending on the day. I've lost count of the number of times they've been touting on the grounds or inside our Students' Union - soliciting on private property without permission is illegal, and they know they're not allowed to because we've had the same Delta Force reps thrown out time and again. They're a lot worse around halls of residence.

Meyou

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Y'know, not all DF sites are as bad as people think! Try the Cardiff site! We have a crazy old bearded coot for a Manager! And quite a few of us Marshalls are into paintball as more than just a job. Y'know, we actually care about you folks having fun with our lovely bouncey paint!

As far as the sales teams go....I dislike them. Mostly because they neglected to mention the £10 booking fee when I first bought tickets, or the fact that the tickets expired after two months, or the fact that the site did NOT have all of the zones advertized. Which is why I voted for Delta Force.

I just hope the boss isn't reading this, or Saturday will be hell for the Beard Joke.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Y'know, not all DF sites are as bad as people think! Try the Cardiff site! We have a crazy old bearded coot for a Manager! And quite a few of us Marshalls are into paintball as more than just a job. Y'know, we actually care about you folks having fun with our lovely bouncey paint!

As far as the sales teams go....I dislike them. Mostly because they neglected to mention the £10 booking fee when I first bought tickets, or the fact that the tickets expired after two months, or the fact that the site did NOT have all of the zones advertized. Which is why I voted for Delta Force.

I just hope the boss isn't reading this, or Saturday will be hell for the Beard Joke.
You're right about the crazy old coot, chris is as mad as they come.;) ;)

Meyou

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
I dont think it helps his Sanity that he has to work with me either...

Does he hang out here? Or does he have an allergic reaction when it comes to computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.