Rec Sites With The Worst Reputation

Which site/company in YOUR opinion, has the worst reputation

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud

" ..- - .-- .- - " ;)
Jul 7, 2001
Went to pidley paintball a few weeks back on a stag do, run by guys who know nothing about paintball at all, which was evident in the safety brief, was told that we could not wear a pair of dye invisions and jt flex 8 on the grounds of health and safety, and the paint:eek: 2 inch drop test and it shattered, yes shattered, all the punters did all day was shoot soup. The last time i went punter balling was 17 yrs ago and i expected it to have moved on by now.:confused:

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
I encountered a delta force ticket seller on the high street in Cardiff on Easter Monday. At least I assumed he was DF because the UKPBA 5* accredittedlogo was on the literature and as far as I'm aware only DF sites have that for some reason...

As is the case with any salesman he was a little flexible with the truth without actually lying. E.g. claiming that they had a limited number of these tickets when i could see a huge box to one side. Technically true because there wasn't an infinate amount in there. A little more misleading was the pricing structure. "The paintballs cost £10 per hundred, but you get them half price after your first hundred". (although I can't remember if he said that was if bought by the box.)

Now £5 is about market price for a hundred paintballs, so its not really half price after the first hundred, it's more like double for the first hundred. Or an extra £5 entry fee with the first hundred. But again, not really dishonest.

To be fair to him, he was reasonably well informed, sufficently so to answer any punter questions - i didn't ask anything overly technical as there is no need for him to know that. And he didn't conceal anything from me, mentioning the cost of extra paintballs (and thus the implication that additional purchase might be necessary). On the whole if all ticket sellers were like this chap I would have no real issue with them. So if Gups has any way of checking who was running the stall that day, get him a pat on the back.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
ouchies @ delta force
One should be nice to delta force or i won't agree to lend you any of our 12,000 guns again - the next time your numbers top 200... ;) The 'Evil Empire' helping the 'opposition' for no financial reward? Begads! There aren't really 'nice guys' behind the name are there? :D

But yes, i agree with the last poster, this thread is becoming a tad tedious, yet i note it's still being 'bumped up' despite the fact tho no-one posts at the time claimed by the rec-ball menu.

'Reputations' (the title/subject of this thread) are mainly based on what one has heard (hearsay)and not on what one has experienced (fact). And people, in the main, are reluctant to speak out against the majority as they are no longer 'one of the group'. We have to be careful to differentiate between myth (reputation) and Fact. If anyone wants to challenge the Myth and try the Fact then plz pm me for some free DF tickets. :) You will only have to pay for your own paintballs at £5 or £6 per 100. Entry, kit and refreshments are free.

Status
Not open for further replies.