Which site/company in YOUR opinion, has the worst reputation

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

big hairy dog

Jan 26, 2007
cardboard box under M6
on a tangent

never played delta but heard bad things about it,played bawtry npf and that was a good site but the site regulars where a bit timid,bassetts pole was a well marshalled site and members day was great, apart from some old guy ben gun or something dead mans walking !! why????:confused:

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
I know im nowhere near as inthe loop as anyone on here, but surely it would be better to say to the site manager, hey look here son you wanna stop using them bottles and get some new ones!
in stead of shutting sites down we should be getting more open!
just makesure you point people who are doing wrong in the right direction.

that would be great, in a world where paintballs tickled you when they hit you...

but the fact is, people that wanna cut corners and save pennies by using out od date bottles, and dot (American safety standard, not British) bottles, WONT just say 'oh yeah, ill change my ways this minute' well.. actually they might, but it will take a dumb shmuck to realise they're being sarcastic...

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
That's good to hear Gurkha :) I'm glad to see someone else taking cylinder safety seriously. Out of interest what site do you work for and what process /criteria do you apply to determine whether a bottle is safe for continued use with ref dents, gouges & stampmarking?

The people who needed to know about the DOT/out of test bottles were informed at the time, but all i got was a big 'not interested' or 'no, it's ok'. No, none of them were UKPBA centres, in fact all 5 of them were UKPSF members. All of the sites who had these bottles in use were well known paintball operators, not some hicky back-woods operations. I believe it would be unprofessional of me to name and shame on here. But when you go to other sites where rental customers are playing, have a look at their cylinders and see how widespread this is.

Or maybe i should launch a one-woman crusade with a video camera and make my own video diary???? ;)

Shadlad

Platinum Member - Lifetime
Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
Gups I laugh that Delta Force has the nerve to mention CO2 bottles. I had to tell a few groups of guys who had bought bottles from one your sites that they were illegal. They had been sold DOT test bottle from your site. I am not a fan of Delta Force in any means. I have to admit like or hate the way they advertise they make good money and get the heads on site.

But if I posted the experiences I have had with them on here people would be shocked. Although I do admit the last year has seen a dramatic change to the ammount of hassle I have recieved.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
M8, we have never sold any DOT bottles! We don't sell our equipment, period.

FYI, all our DOT bottles were taken out of service and disposed of via Powerball 3-4 years ago, i did it personally and i have the certificates from Powerball on file showing their disposal 'for destruction'.

IMO, It's more likely that these people nicked them, but they wouldn't exactly admit to that, now would they?

Or it's possible that some unscrupulous marshal sold them for a few quid, but whatever the case, this is old stuff. As i say, we haven't had DOT bottles onsite for at least 3 years and Delta Force has come one hell of a long way in that time.

Shadlad

Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
You really need to look into your sites then as you aint got a clue what goes on at them or has gone on at them !! Your site in the area I am from sold a lot of kit and not just bottles !!!

As for the guys stealing them I think you should be careful what you say, I know a 100 percent they were bought.

You wonder why you have a bad name as a site operators? you need to follow what has happened at your sites. Poeple tell you what is going on but you are always defend what has happened. Look at your votes ? are all these people just here making up reasons why Delta Force sites fail to be the best ?

Shadlad

Aug 16, 2006
Newcastle
Anyways Gups this is not personal against you... so going to end this here. Just I do have a few issues with Delta Force from the past. But as I said the last year has seen massive improvement.

So lets leave the past in the past and not get into an arguement seeing we don't know each other.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Shadlad, i totally agree with you. We don't need to argue over this. But there's no harm in constructive discussion :) I also agree that DF should follow up and not turn a blind eye. On that note i'd greatly appreciate it if you would pm or email me what you know, or if you don't want a record of it, phone me at DF. At present i can't raise this with the regional manager because i don't know what centre you are takling about or when it occurred.

With 20 centres being covered by 3 regional managers, we can't have eyes everywhere at once, but RM's always follow up on negative feedback, and several managers have been fired in the past year for not doing their jobs properly. Once we know about it it's not tolerated, but it seems that knowing about it is the main pitfall!

I'm sorry if it appears that i defend DF blindly. I suppose to a degree you're right. But i see things from the other side of the fence, certainly within my own realm of guns & gas.

Ginja

Dyslexic Brians
Feb 12, 2006
Reading
Visit site
Another update for ya Gups...

IPG have now taken to walking around the local Uni (UEA), getting someone to let them into the flats, then going door to door selling their rip-off **** to students, without showing them the small print (which states the extra charges...)
TBH if the students are interested in paintball and have not gone through the UEA Paintball club or myself then they are tits as we are constantly advertising cheaper outings in controlled groups (all students no fat random rambo).

Also I know for a fact it is illegal for anyone to gain access to the halls as doors have locks for a reason, anyone seeing such a thing should have reported them instantly. Remember last year UEA's own cheerleaders being thrown off campus for putting up flyers in peoples kitchens without UEA consent.

Back to the topic at hand, I have noticed more and more of these ticket touts (Reading and Basingstoke) I think its a pre-req to be Polish and year black camo bottoms. I have had to stop myself from intervening when they were selling tickets over xmas as could see lots of old people buying them for grand kids. I just hope one day due to the number of posts in this thread they get training and will tell people the small print.

Status
Not open for further replies.