Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ryanair @ Stansted

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Confiscated my marker to the lost and found apparently, my bag was at the steps to the plane, when i asked why he made me open the bag (which had already been done over) and told me the marker couldn't go.

Tried to explain, showed copy of PGi (God rest it) and still no luck.

Now apparently lost and found have no idea where it is.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED......

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Mate thats crap whats the likely outcome on this one?
Not looking good. Lost and found know nothing about it, apparently "some" of the cases like this are handled by an external company, who conveniently also know nothing about it.

I've to phone back tomorrow, but if they don't know whats going on by then looks like I am down to the tune of 1 Joy A1 Fly. :(

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Ah the old blme someone else game...Is you kit insured mate?

No, unless I can cover it under house insurance. I'll wait till the end of the week before I try any more avenues.

Just to warn everyone else, it can happen, check your airline policy. I've flown loads of times with it, never once had an issue, but it only takes once to lose it.

Solo

Rewind!
Dusty im assuming you came from Dublin or Belfast City?

I use Belfast city all the time and twice iv'e tried to take my marker over (To come down to anarky ironicly enough) and ive been denied at Liverpool to send it over unless it's in my hold bag, which still I have to open and show them to confirm it's unloaded.

EasyJet are worse though.

I'd ring the Dublin HQ and give them utter s*** my boss does that regularly and get's his way, Its not lost, someone's stole it and selling it on Ebay probably. Did you take the optional travel insurance that no one ever takes?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Dusty im assuming you came from Dublin or Belfast City?

I use Belfast city all the time and twice iv'e tried to take my marker over (To come down to anarky ironicly enough) and ive been denied at Liverpool to send it over unless it's in my hold bag, which still I have to open and show them to confirm it's unloaded.
well yeah. Obviously Paintball guns have to be in checked baggage, you can't take them in carry-on. Is that a surprise to people? have people been putting guns in carry-on luggage?

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
You seem to misunderstand, I had it in my hold luggage. Which was waiting for me at the steps of the aircraft to remove the marker.......

I was flying to belfast city, where i flew from originally.

With my marker.....