Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ryanair @ Stansted

Solo

Rewind!
You seem to misunderstand, I had it in my hold luggage. Which was waiting for me at the steps of the aircraft to remove the marker.......

I was flying to belfast city, where i flew from originally.

With my marker.....
So they've lost a marker which was was in your bag as it came off the blame, which for some reason they then took from you?

That's a joke...bet you 100% it hasn't been lost.

pablo666

So they've lost a marker which was was in your bag as it came off the blame, which for some reason they then took from you?

That's a joke...bet you 100% it hasn't been lost.
Solo, I think Dusty means he flew with the gat over here. He then went back to Stansted for his return flight and as he was going out to board the plane, he was asked to remove from his luggage the marker which had already been searched. He opened it and took it out, but the Ryan air staff told him he was not allowed to take it on the flight, so he gave it to them and they sent it to lost and found even after he showed them a copy of PGI to prove he wasn't taking the gun on board for any other reason than transportation. He then went to lost and found to discover that they had no idea what he was on about. I.e it got lost somewhere between the staff taking it after he got on the flight minus his marker and the lost and found office.

Hope this is correct and cleared it up :)

CK

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Solo, I think Dusty means he flew with the gat over here. He then went back to Stansted for his return flight and as he was going out to board the plane, he was asked to remove from his luggage the marker which had already been searched. He opened it and took it out, but the Ryan air staff told him he was not allowed to take it on the flight, so he gave it to them and they sent it to lost and found even after he showed them a copy of PGI to prove he wasn't taking the gun on board for any other reason than transportation. He then went to lost and found to discover that they had no idea what he was on about. I.e it got lost somewhere between the staff taking it after he got on the flight minus his marker and the lost and found office.

Hope this is correct and cleared it up :)

CK
Right on my brother.

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Sounds like a modern day Dick Turpin situation to me! What better time to fleece someone of there property then when they are about to board a flight and time is constrictive!

Sounds to me like someone has wandered off with your A1 mate :( and with no way to trace the person who took it etc. If it had been removed at check in there would be the time and the thought to get some kind of reciept for the item they take, but not at the bottom of the stairs as your about to board!

Call me pessimistic... Hopefully I'm wrong :(

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
I work as a sub-contractor at a large airport as one of my contracts and I have to say I am generally impressed by the scrutiny and level headedness that I witness both as a result of the technology and security personnel at the site. Common sense tends to prevail, but sometimes you do hear of some silly situations where do you wonder what is going through some peoples heads.

For example my mate who services aircraft for a major airline has to go through security at least once a day. He is allowed to take his tools through which includes a 4 inch blade, but is not allowed to take a metal spoon through for his yoghurt, which in itself if it is a rice type dessert is allowed through, but if is actually a proper yoghurt isnt.

Sympathise with you for your gat. No-one can give me a straight answer as to where the confiscated items go, but am told they are generally 'disposed of' or held for collection on your return, hmmmm... yeah right..

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Well, as an update, there is a firm called "First Flight" who deal with all of this stuff and they have the marker and apparently it will be with me tomorrow. Obviously I had to pay for the shipping etc, but I don't mind that given the value of the item.

Screw you anyway Ryanair, and the idiot baggage guy who took it in the first place, but a big thanks to First Flight for sorting me out. Last time i book with them, I'll pay extra to fly with someone decent from now on.

Also a big thanks to NUGGET sa for his very kind offer of assistance via PM.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Well, as an update, there is a firm called "First Flight" who deal with all of this stuff and they have the marker and apparently it will be with me tomorrow. Obviously I had to pay for the shipping etc, but I don't mind that given the value of the item.

Screw you anyway Ryanair, and the idiot baggage guy who took it in the first place, but a big thanks to First Flight for sorting me out. Last time i book with them, I'll pay extra to fly with someone decent from now on.

Also a big thanks to NUGGET sa for his very kind offer of assistance via PM.
You're Irish. Blow them up.