Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ryanair @ Stansted

JF21

May 4, 2007
i thought ryainair policy stated no paintball equipment to be taken on their flights regardless of how it was checked in

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
i thought ryainair policy stated no paintball equipment to be taken on their flights regardless of how it was checked in

Doesn't specify paintball markers anywhere. Guns yes, not paintball markers/sports equipment.

Either way it went with them from belfast, along with approx 8 other markers on the same flight, and ryanair left from dublin with god only knows how many.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Send a formal complaint to their head office
Advise them of the Home Offices categorisation of Paintball Markers supplied by UKPSF
In form them that x amount of players travel on their airline every year to various tournaments around Europe
Finally tell them that as you are a moderator on Europes largest paintball forum you will be recommending to all 22,000+ members to avoid using Ryan Air. ;)

Worth a try :D

NUGGET sa

BOOM BOOM POW
Oct 19, 2007
in a foxhole
Send a formal complaint to their head office
Advise them of the Home Offices categorisation of Paintball Markers supplied by UKPSF
In form them that x amount of players travel on their airline every year to various tournaments around Europe
Finally tell them that as you are a moderator on Europes largest paintball forum you will be recommending to all 22,000+ members to avoid using Ryan Air. ;)

Worth a try :D
think that is a very good idea you should def try that and see what there come back is
Also a big thanks to NUGGET sa for his very kind offer of assistance via PM.
no problem happy to hear you got it back

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Ryan-Air sucks.
After charging me for the bag I checked, and for a crappy snack, they even calculated how much oxygen I would use while in the air, and added that to the bill too. Apparently this was optional, as in I could choose to go without oxygen if I wanted to.

I should send them a bill for being hit-on by their ugly-ass gay-as-fxck stewards for 1 hour 45 minutes straight. I charge $200/hour for that ****! Plus, I have to use the same Toilet as them while in the air, so I probably have aids now. What's that worth?

Go fxck yourselves Ryan-Air.

shalba

Sep 4, 2009
Ryan-Air sucks.
After charging me for the bag I checked, and for a crappy snack, they even calculated how much oxygen I would use while in the air, and added that to the bill too. Apparently this was optional, as in I could choose to go without oxygen if I wanted to.

I should send them a bill for being hit-on by their ugly-ass gay-as-fxck stewards for 1 hour 45 minutes straight. I charge $200/hour for that ****! Plus, I have to use the same Toilet as them while in the air, so I probably have aids now. What's that worth?

Go fxck yourselves Ryan-Air.
And now you will be charged for the toilet also :p

Skeet

Platinum Member
Well, as an update, there is a firm called "First Flight" who deal with all of this stuff and they have the marker and apparently it will be with me tomorrow. Obviously I had to pay for the shipping etc, but I don't mind that given the value of the item.

Screw you anyway Ryanair, and the idiot baggage guy who took it in the first place, but a big thanks to First Flight for sorting me out. Last time i book with them, I'll pay extra to fly with someone decent from now on.

Also a big thanks to NUGGET sa for his very kind offer of assistance via PM.
If someone takes something from you in this manner, they have a "Duty of Care" towards your property, just as you do towards anything left in your possession.

I would have asked for the guys full name, a witness and a receipt for it.

I would say you should be asking Ryan Air why this happened, despite several trips in the past where they will also have seen it, but I imagine you don't want to rock the boat.

Might be an idea to ask them (without mentioning what happened or paintball) about travelling with firearms for sporting purposes and see what their policy and procedure is on that?

Glad it is allegedly on it's way back to you though.

|ZooT

Bullitpr00f Monkey
Dec 12, 2003
Vasteras, Sweden
www.paintball.se
Living in sweden (Västerås) and having a Ryan Air flight to stansted twice a day
realy makes for harsh words in this matter. I have to travel 80km oneway in
order to fly to uk with my marker, and pay atleast 5 times more for the flight.
Has anyone taken their marker apart too pieces and still flown with it?
Just wanted to check if it could be a workaround..
Flying a team over to millennium london would save us alot of cash using RA..

Anyway, sure hope you get your gat back Dusty,
keeping my fingers crossed here.

/K