Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Sergei Leontiev : The Russian Legion Response

manike2

Banned
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
My Apology to Sergei and the Russian legion

I do have an apology to make. Hindsight is a valuable thing and I have been thinking about my actions and posts a lot.

Where as I do not feel I can apologise for having a different opinion to Robbo since we are different people and have different views and in a different context my points could have been valid, I do feel I owe a huge apology to Sergei and the Russian Legion for my part in this incident.

My inital post on the subject was meant as a generic question about the finely tuned guns we see so often now and which do give me cause for concern for many reasons. I do believe in the rules of this game and feel it important to implement them as well as possible. With hindsight I realise I should have started a seperate independent thread and spoken about my concerns hypothetically not as if they were solely about the Russian Legion. I instead made the dreadful mistake of putting my post in a thread where the issue of what happened to the Russian legion in Portugal was being discussed.

Robbo jumped on my post and his insulting, heavy handed manner and defamation made me feel the only way to justify my position and question was to give valid suppositions of what could have happened in the Russian Legion's case. That was a massive error on my behalf and I apologise to Sergei and the Russian Legion for it.

Instead of speaking hypothetically I used supposition to validate what could have possibly happened. This was the wrong thing to do as I had no valid evidence, it was all hypothetical and as such I should not have done it. My points were all hypothetical and should not have been related to the RL since we have no solid evidence of what happened. With hindsight I believe I was provoked by Robbo's nature of posting and I should have known better, the more he insulted me and was unable to see that my points in relation to the RL could have been valid under certain circumstances, the more I felt I needed to prove that although my points may not have been what happened that they were still valid as what could have happened.

I can be just as hot headed and stubborn as Pete, although always more courteous.

I was absolutely wrong to use the Russian Legion as an example to try and prove the validity of my concerns over people pushing the rules and knowingly breaking them.

In fact as I look back, my posts were in complete contradiction to why I normally post on the net. Instead of trying to help and promote paintball, which is what I normally do (at great cost to myself), I was attacking a team through inferred commments, whom I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for. Again I apologise for that. I made a big mistakes in using the RL as an example for my concerns. My concerns on these things are as a general point for the whole of this sport and any specific inferred comments about the RL have no basis in fact and should not have been made.

manike

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
Hate to say it but this board is starting to turn into a bit of a joke.
May as well turn it into the robbo fan club ;)

Looks guys, i dont really care who said what to whom. but if Man was banned for liable then im sure 99% of people on here should be kicked off, Mods included.

Easiest way is if u dont like it, dont read it. There are many others that may like to hear various opinions on one subject.

If we all thought the same way, we would have never left the woods!

:D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by FAMINE
Hate to say it but this board is starting to turn into a bit of a joke.
May as well turn it into the robbo fan club ;)
Looks guys, i dont really care who said what to whom. but if Man was banned for liable then im sure 99% of people on here should be kicked off, Mods included.
Easiest way is if u dont like it, dont read it. There are many others that may like to hear various opinions on one subject.
If we all thought the same way, we would have never left the woods!
:D

Famine, you insult many people saying that 'Fan club' thingy !!!
Just because they may have the same opinion does in no way make them slavish disciples to the word of Robbo !!!

I don't think there is a person on this board who could make Buddha turn into some babbling devotee, he is his own man, as are Nick, and a lot of the other guys who expressed the same opinion with regard to the apology.
And that is the important differential, some were in agreement to his banning, some not, I didn't like it much but I was pushed into a corner and I came out swinging.
With hindsight, and after a night to cool down, I was wrong, which I shall redress as soon as I have finished this post.
I thought he (Manike) insulted a good friend of mine and the last bastion of fair play left in this game was attacked for the sake of some over-pedantic technical consideration and an opportunity to look clever.
Maybe, I added fuel to the fire because of the way I waded in with my usual tact and diplomacy (irony) but what the hell do you expect as Buddha's metaphor of going into someone's house so succinctly explaining the emotions.
Everybody knows what I feel about the RL stand for, to attack what I believe is the first real attempt by anybody to play at the top level and play clean is almost sacrilegious.
If I come into your house Famine, insult one of your friends; you ask me to leave or apologise, I do one or the other.
Do you think people who agree with that ultimatum are your fans or do they just have the same set of values with regard to behaviour in other people's houses?
As for Manike, he may well admit to being fired up by my attitude, but the bigger picture was the apology to the RL which he ignored in favour of locking horns with me, he has now made that so I see no problem in him coming back on.

Now I have talked with and been emailed by Sergei after he read some of that stuff Manike wrote, he obviously did feel insulted as he took time out to contact me a couple of times to try and explain what had happened.
Now this guy is vice president of a Moscow Bank, an extremely busy man, now this in itself means nothing, nor should do, till we realise the time he has spent, going thru all the posts and then crafting a reply to clear his name and his team's reputation.
It obviously means a lot to him as does his slavish adherence to playing fair at all times, we should have respected that off the get go instead of trying to look clever with intransigent technical references and viewpoints that dragged us outside the realms of common sense and experience.
Problem is, no matter what we talk about, what is said or done, Manike's suggestions will not be forgotten in a hurry.
Some **** sticks, even though it should never have been thrown.

So , Famine, before you insult a lot of intelligent people in here again by accusing them of following a dick like me, I would think very carefully.
A few funny faces scattered here and there doesn't mask what you are really trying to say !!!!

In conclusion, Manike is free to post, the ban is lifted, I have lost some cred, the RL have sure lost some cred and everybody has had a good read......oh.... and some people like you Famine, have shown their true colours yet again !!
Interesting little world we live in ain't it ?
Robbo

PS I have just tried to unban him but for some reason I cannot do it, I will have to wait till Monday morning till our other techno heads from P8ntballer.com come in, sorry :(

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by saint417
I want to preface this by saying I started this account to comment on this topic I do NOT have annother on this site.
Robbo, would an empty apology for slights real and imagined have made you feel any better?
your well within your rights to ban anyone you damn well want to but I personally feel that people should be able to voice their insipid opinions even to display their own ignorance. and a libel claim can only be brought when one makes a statement that they know to be untrue at the time that they make the statement
Saint, if you want to come in at this late stage, then at least try to get your facts right when you quote the law, it matters not what the person thinks or doesn't think.

Manike doesn't have to know they were clean for his subsequent defamation of the RL to be libellous.
It just has to be proved there was no intent on their part to cheat and therefore the label of cheat could then be deemed libellous !!!!
This is not a subjective assessment, it is an objective one, learn the difference !!!!!
Get it ????
Manike didn't knowingly contradict his beliefs by saying they cheated when he thought they did not, he believed they did and more importantly wrote they did and it is this putting pen to paper that was libellous.
Hmmmm :(
Jeeeeezzzzus !!!!
Robbo

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
Jesus,
get off my back!

I aint stirring s**t, I just making a point, Maybe not at the times everyone else is but i dont get on during the day.

The fan clud comment was meant in a slight jest, A lot of people do look up to you, thats all i was saying- hence the wink.

I know nick and bud have their own opinions, i think i am right in saying nick thought the ban was a little harsh.

I am glad you feel you should lift the ban, and am also glad to see his apology. In my eyes no one has lost face, just maybe thought a little more about what ahd how they post.

People should maybe read a topic a few times before replying to a post that riles them. Try to think a little more what the person posting is trying to say before reacting and biting the baited hook.
Its difficult to type what you wanna say on subjects, when the forum is such a disposable means of communication.

For instance, U write an article for PGI, maybe a few days work?
U post on forum, 1 min.

So it dont always come over correctly, Maybe we should impose a count to ten policy on the board ;)

Beer and love guys, is all we all need :D

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
Famine just leave it buddy.......

I have just got back from a tourney and read the entire thread (Zzzzzzzz), took a while, but i have come to the conclusion that Robbo must be a lecturer at cambridge in Philosophy, politics and English language!

Wow.......:eek:

Chris