Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Some M25 marshalling suggestions, what do you think?

D6

Jun 21, 2002
Nakatomi Plaza
Without wanting to be pedantic....

Point 4, Strongl- SAD Too and some of FA help marshal the MM, not just SAD UK- there are also a handful of guys that we do have numbers for that we can call at the last minute if someone drops out, and often use.

Some really good points there- just a case of getting some of them put into practice. Good luck to all involved :)

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Without wanting to be pedantic....

Originally posted by DickySixx
Point 4, Strongl- SAD Too and some of FA help marshal the MM, not just SAD UK- there are also a handful of guys that we do have numbers for that we can call at the last minute if someone drops out, and often use.

Some really good points there- just a case of getting some of them put into practice. Good luck to all involved :)
Sorry mate, I mean't all of the SAD lot. Just not quite sure how many of you there actually are. Played 4 MMs this year despite being a southern softy, and I think they have all been great events so cheers guys!

I dont know if this has been mentioned, I havent read the whole post just Sams comments, and I typed out a long intelligent post to another thread and then sodding lost it :(

The one thing this series needs marshalling wise is Teams marshalling fields! No more of the individuals thrown together! Teams play together and gel etc none of thim will question each others calls! We will get a much better reffing standard if this happens!

No offence to the guys who have marshalled but some of the people who help out (and we love them for doing so) arent of the standard who should be reffing! The fields which stand out as having been well judged etc are Shock ams field, tigers YG etc! all fields marshalled by a team not a group of individuals!

So guys, enter your team to marshall! It will pay for your next legs entry!

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE MARSHALLING AT M25 READING.
As a paying customer, i'm very disatisfied with the service.
At this point i'd like to say that the rest of the event was very well run, and i really enjoyed the event.

But the marshalling on some of the fields was really bad!
I have some suggestions Sparklie please understand that this isn't a flame agains you, i'm trying to suggest things that'll help you out.

1. You need better marshalls, and since everyone who's any good would rather play than marshall, you need to make it worth their while. £50 isn't going to do it. Most marshalls could work at a rental site for that kind of money, would get shot less, yelled at less, and would work less hours. If suggest that you pay out £100 per marshall, as this would make it very worth while, and you would be able to have a choice of marshalls. Of course i don't expect you to pay for it, the teams need to pay for it out of their entry.
Say you run4 fields, with 8 marshalls a field. That's £1600 in marshalls pay (currently). if you have 40 teams, you could double the money paid to marshalls to £100 if each team raised their entry by £40. I speak for Campaign Power Red and SPOD when i say that both teams would gladly pay the extra money to have competent marshalls. We would also consider marshalling if you paid that kind of money. Appealing to people's better nature isn't going to work, you need to pay cold hard cash. If you stick to having the PG Chimps marshall, then expect to have teams walk out and not come back in the future.

2. Added incentive for players, make it a proper series so you can award points to teams, for jobs like helping with setup, or Marshalling. I'm sure next year you'll be able to get series prizes from some of the bigger companies. Smart Parts, Draxxus, WDP and Hanger 18 have been at all your events, ask them to supply prizes for the series. Take an extra £5 per team per event on entry and after 6 events you'll have a cash prize pool of £1200.

In order to be able to fairly award series prizes, you need to rank teams. Currently if i enter a team, i could be in division 2, maybe 3, or maybe even division 1 depending on who else enters. Ditch this, give me 8 games but put my team in the Amateur B division. Have an Amateur A division, and a Pro, and a novice and Rookie. Now that you know who the teams are, and where they should be ranked, have 5 divisions, and let the teams play within their own division. Now you say, what if i only get three Pros, well, have them play each other 4 times! Then you'll get to see who the best really is! (i'm aware that this idea might not be so popular, but i think it's worth looking at). Say you enter Amateur B, and there are 10 teams, you only play 8 of them. Now your tourney results go into a table that Actually means something! And at the end of the season, you can religate the bottom team in each division, and promote the top team!

Appealing to people's good nature isn't going to get them to help you out, Paintballers just arn't like that. Charge the players more money, and give them good marshalling.

SPOD suffered because of bad marshalling. It was not Biased marshalling, it was just incompetent marshalling. Field 2 was the worst, one judge even suggested that it took him over 1 minute to remove his thumb from his @ss and check a player (who had ample time to remove the hit from his forearm) because the judge had a bad knee and couln't move very fast! IF YOU ARN'T FIT TO WALK, MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE JUDGING! In fact i could have crawled using only my elbows over the the player faster than that so the judge actually has no excuse. Next time bring your freaking wheel chair dude, or don't bother. And the girl on that field, she must have had a really good daydream, because she sure wasn't paying attention to the game.
Field 1 was on the ball from what i saw, field 3 was pretty good, and i had a few problems with the Infiltrators on field 4 but they had a hard field to marshall, and i saw them make some very tough calls, and they really worked their @sses but suffered because they didn't have enough judges. But the judges on field 2 were totally incompetent. Do not let that group of judges marshall again!

Sparklie, you run a great tournament, and i know you pour your heart and soul into these events, and that's why we respect you so much. You're one of the great people who stop talking about making english paintball great and actually do something about it. Please sort out the marshalling, charge us more, we'll pay for fair play!

See you all at Campaign Cup.

L J

big big titties
other people thought field 2 was the best...but dont matter, yeah we know about the girl that didnt move but whatever we said, she still didnt, i ended up covering her quarter of the field to as countless times i heard a player shouting check him, ran up there and she said he was clean without moving, i went round the other side and there was a hit. you got to remember about half the marshall werent here out of their own free will but almost conscripted on the day, otherwise you would have had 3 marshalls per field, not 6

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Red_Merkin
if you have 40 teams, you could double the money paid to marshalls to £100 if each team raised their entry by £40. I speak for Campaign Power Red and SPOD when i say that both teams would gladly pay the extra money to have competent marshalls
I KNOW that my team wand all the other teams in jDiv 1 would gladly pay that extra cash for the better judging. Cant see anyone who would have a problem with that.

Originally posted by Red_Merkin

what if i only get three Pros, well, have them play each other 4 times! Then you'll get to see who the best really is! (i'm aware that this idea might not be so popular, but i think it's worth looking at).
What many people dont realise is that i doubt the likes of Shock, Tigers, backlash, us etc.. would mind playing each other over and over again at an event. After all, my team, and many of the other teams in Div 1 have only been using the M25 as training warm ups for the MS events. Teams like Shock and Tigers would get far more out of playing each other 3 times than playing (no disrespect intended!) Sad, Adrenaline and other Am B teams in Div 1. And i am sure that teams cant enjoy being bitch slapped by the pro's, when they could learn a lot more by playing teams of their own standard in games that are hard fought and last 8 minutes rather than losing in 1.

booga

Arthritic Pirate
Originally posted by MarkR
Well i was the player that done the dead man walk on field 2 and i do not recall a fight nearly breaking out just a few heated words as they was taken by suprise . And yes the start gate did fall on my team members and equipemnet but after the game one of the tigers am came over and apoligised for what had happened
I believe I was the player who said sorry at the end of the game, it was just an unfortunate combination of circumstances, our flag grabber was just about to grab when the dead man walker tapped him so, quite naturally our guy thought WTF and turned his head to see where it had come from and ran straight into the start gate. Apologies again to the injured player, it was definately not deliberate, and as for a fight nearly breaking out :confused:
I certainly didn't notice and was on field, half the team are mates!

Deathstroke

Jul 22, 2003
Stevenage
Visit site
well you should watch what you say. "heated words" does not consitute you saying a "fight"!. thats why this threads go on and on with people just slagging each other off.

complete waste of F****** Time!!