Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Speaking my brains...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

duffistuta

Sorry, I just didn't read it that way. I made a comment about the murderous Iraqi regime, and received yours and Solonor's responses just after.

>>>No worries.

In many ways the notion that we must explore why they hate us is a victory of sorts for their efforts, so forgive me if I don't give a **** about "why".

>>>If we don't find out the why, then we just line up war after war and terror attack after terror attack.

While I'll admit that there needs to be peace in that region or any region for that matter, I feel as long as Yassar Arafat is calling the shots for the Palestinians, peace is unlikely. His actions have proven that he is still working towards the eradication of Isreal, and that is simply non-negotiable.

>>>Agree, same goes for Sharon.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by duffistuta
As it is at the moment, a large amount of the Arab world sees the West as anti-Arab; this war is compounding that, and that is making the situation a whole lot worse for everyone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't buy that. When our churches and schools preach hate like their mosques and schools do, then you may have a point.

>>>What's not to buy? It's a stone cold fact, whatever you or I may think about it.

And let's not get caried away here - the vast majority of mosques don't do anything of the sort.

D

duffistuta

And can we also be a bit more discriminating with the 'thems' and 'theys' - we are generally talking about terrorist extremists and/or dictatorial regimes. The average Arab guy does not hate America, and Islam is a peaceful, tolerant religion.

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Re: umm

Originally posted by Mark/Static
That's funny, we cannot solve our problems through violence, but they can?
No but you just bring yourself down to their level. When dealing with fanatics then violence is not the answer unless you want to have war for a very, very long time.

Justin Owen

American BadAss
Jul 10, 2001
Kenner, LA USA
Visit site
>>>> When dealing with fanatics then violence is not the answer unless you want to have war for a very, very long time. <<<<

Listen...
If we are hated for who we are, we have two options if we aren't to fight back: one is to change...the other is to sit back and take it up the *** however and whenever they want to give it to us.
Unacceptable.
Some of these terrorists (ahem...Osama) had gotten used to us doing the latter. But do you seriously think Osama would have done 9/11 if he had dreamed in a million years that the U.S. reaction would have been what it was and is? I don't. And don't come back at me with the "would you do what you believe in, blah-blah-blah" yeah I know...but his efforts were ultimately self-defeating. He did not unite the Muslim world in a holy war against the U.S. and instead woke the sleeping lion. His capacity to wage his war the way he had it and liked it in the past is gone. Any governments and people who are considering giving him shelter will "remember the Taliban." Just look at Quadafi (sp?)...proof positive.
It's all about risk vs. reward, people. When the rewards of terrorism are simply dwarfed by the repurcussions, it'll no longer be worth it to risk it and it will stop. PERIOD.
"Giving in" to stop the violence CAN NOT and WILL NEVER BE a reasonable option because it reinforces...REINFORCES...terrorism. Physical defense and preventative first-strikes in combination with NEVER giving in is the only way to deal with these folks.
Eventually, when they've come to realize that our responses to these kinds of actions is unacceptable to them and we are unyielding, they will adopt a means by which to work out our differences that is more satisfactory to us.
~J~

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
No comparison mate, that was a conventional war, with two sides. Not one side pounding crap out of the other and waiting for the terrorists to start nailing us from inside. The Germans had the decency to wear pointy helmets so we'd know who we were shooting.
I say go for it, blow the crap out of any country that harbours terrorists.

I'm off to iceland, it's the only safe place. (mind I've got my doubts about Bjork).

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Re: Re: umm

Originally posted by crom-dubh
When dealing with fanatics then violence is not the answer unless you want to have war for a very, very long time.

And your way of dealing with fanatics in the last 12 years has been super effective wouldnt ya say:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...Saddams got chemical weapons,North Koreas got nukes,and Iran is well on thier way to getting them..Lets just keep doing what we've been doing and soon we'll have a fully armed world bent on destruction..Sounds good to me..The point is,terrorists are bad enough..Throw in WMD's and it ups the ante significantly...Waiting for it to happen is a sick way to deal with the issue..The most amazing argument ive heard in this whole topic is people saying we need proof before we go in..God forbid you see proof of WMD's..Cause the only proof your gonna get is an image of 30,000 people dead in the street somewhere and that isnt acceptable to the US and shoudnt be acceptable to any sane person..

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Re: Re: Re: umm

Originally posted by headrock6
And your way of dealing with fanatics in the last 12 years has been super effective wouldnt ya say:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...Saddams got chemical weapons,North Koreas got nukes,and Iran is well on thier way to getting them..Lets just keep doing what we've been doing and soon we'll have a fully armed world bent on destruction..Sounds good to me..The point is,terrorists are bad enough..Throw in WMD's and it ups the ante significantly...Waiting for it to happen is a sick way to deal with the issue..The most amazing argument ive heard in this whole topic is people saying we need proof before we go in..God forbid you see proof of WMD's..Cause the only proof your gonna get is an image of 30,000 people dead in the street somewhere and that isnt acceptable to the US and shoudnt be acceptable to any sane person..

Our way of dealing with fanatics ( the IRA, which we HAVE been dealing with for well over 12 years) have been hampered by the US. What was the US' way of dealing with fanatics before 9/11?

By saying that you no longer need proof to wage war on a country is saying that you can do damn well what you like to who ever you like.( Hey lets bomb France coz they didnt support us. They must be league with terrorists.)

Status
Not open for further replies.