Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spyder Electra ACS vs Smart Parts Ion

MCBrawler

I put my name on it
Jun 2, 2005
in a house
Visit site
ive done alot of reaserch and their are more upgrades for the Ion becuase the electra 05 already has all of kingmans best software hardware stuff. i was thinking of buying an ion or electra and im very puzzeled now beacuse the electra 2 me seems the better choice same price but 10bps faster and can run on co2 but whats this not being legal all about thats could sway me twoards the ion

Azz3h

Redshift
Nov 30, 2002
Richmond, North Yorkshire
Visit site
The Ion will fire faster than the Spyder, *can* run on CO2 if you set it up well (ie. ask the guy at the shop when you buy it to fit anti syphon correctly for CO2 etc.)
Overall I'd go for the Ion. The spyder is a cheap gun with an electronic trigger, while the Ion is a fully electo-pneumatic gun.

Jon S

London Faction
Sep 22, 2003
London
www.jaysto.com
Good luck to anyone who can (legally or not) shoot a spyder at 30 bps :)rolleyes: ) it will either shake your arm off, or itself to pieces with the kick you'd get.

IMO sear-trippers have had their day. They did at one time offer a cheap alternative to fully electronic markers but the Ion offers the real deal at the same price.

edit: just to throw another view into the rocking trigger discussion, Doc Nickel developed one ages ago (for the old shocker I think?) and it was deemed NPPL illegal because the design uses two micro-switches, making it have two triggers.