Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Spyder Electra ACS vs Smart Parts Ion

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
I Own a Spyder E99 Avant (basically the same as the Electra thing, but without the Rocking trigger), Basically i got away from it as soon as i could afford to.

I Then got a 2004 Eclipseblade (and got all the nexus internals and zero b and everythin), and i loved it (still do) but then i went into tournament and i needed something more reliable ...

So then i got the ion, most of the team shoot them its small, its reliable, its light, it holds its own to any gun out there, out of the box you will need a new feedneck, ASA and barrel ... and you are best 2 run it on air.

Overall for about £400 (prolly less) you get yourself a quality set up on air, and dont go the route that so many others do, and that is buy a spyder, find you are outgunned / outgrow it and then spend more money on another gun.

My 4 quid ... Ste.

trenzo

Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by Joner
Not true mate. As long as one trigger pull = one ball then thats fine. The NPPL allow them.
if you think about it the rocking trigger is technically a normal trigger on rebound mode as you are getting a ball when you pull the trigger in, and then ANOTHER when it springs out again. It's just you are pullin it on the other side... if that makes any sense.

so if it's a torney marker then go for the ion.

hockeykid0303

Mar 29, 2006
spyder would kick a lil toy ions ass!

first of all the ion looks like a toy and couldn't out shoot a spyder electra ACS 05
because it has a capibilaty of 30bps.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Dude , have u even shot an Electra Rock'in Trigger ?
30 BPS, what a joke.

i have my upped ION in 1 hand , and my Electra upped to the max in my other hand.

i would say it takes a while to get use to the rocking trigger, and would say i could walk this trigger well.
Full hopper of 180 balls, takes me 9.5 sec fastest, 10.5 sec. average to empty the hopper.
Thats only if u have upped the marker to its full potential.

If NOT, then the amount of BLOWBY goin up the feedneck is goin to slow the balls feeding into your marker.

And i can tell u spyders are well known for this.

Snap Shot 01

Bournemouth Riptide...
Dec 6, 2005
Postsmouth
Visit site
ION all the way, in my opinion the only people that knock them are people who bought gats just before the ION came out and realised it peforms the same if not better for a couple of hundred quid cheaper

cov boy

Mar 8, 2006
coventry
Visit site
The Spyder is just a pilot with a rocking trigger.

Go for the ion, i just sold my spyder and got an angel, someone gave me £230 for it. Happy dayz

j0rz

Mar 20, 2006
Visit site
MCBrawler said:
ive done alot of reaserch and their are more upgrades for the Ion becuase the electra 05 already has all of kingmans best software hardware stuff. i was thinking of buying an ion or electra and im very puzzeled now beacuse the electra 2 me seems the better choice same price but 10bps faster and can run on co2 but whats this not being legal all about thats could sway me twoards the ion

The ion can use Co2 and due to parts of it being made from plastic its not as likly to freeze to your hand

theres no one who can do more then 15bps without talking B*llox anyways and if u want speed get a new board some do upto 50bps.. :cool:

JoeJr

Feb 15, 2006
Birmingham
hockeykid0303 said:
first of all the ion looks like a toy and couldn't out shoot a spyder electra ACS 05
because it has a capibilaty of 30bps.

i wet myself laughing....if u can get the spyder electra to do 30bps straight out of the box ill eat my pubes in a pizza