The Home Of European Paintball

Squeegies

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
the 2 main types ara straight shot and pull through
straight shots are a long plastic rod with a rag on 1 end and a rubber washer on the other end.u clean out broken shell with the rubber end(push it down the barrel turn and pull out) u then push down the rag end to clean any left paint
a pull through is a length of cord with pieces of rag/foam spaced inbetween (like a kite tail) u insert this(one end) down the feed neck or take out the bolt and through the breach and pull through to clear broken paint
the straight shots are most common as there quicker to use
hope that helps:D

nutz

Banned
May 22, 2002
www.swatuk.com
optimum squeegie

any player knows that a straight shot can leave residue, so remove the barrel and push some tissue thru to polish the inside of the barrel, or buy a pull thru, this will do the same as the straight shot without the tissue, but it does make the difference
if the barrel has vents warm water and a pull thru then blow the water from the vents (puts barrel in the mouth and blocks end)
big puff of wind, super barrel

Better use of a straight shot.
Use as normal then ram tissue back into the barrel without removing it. This will polish the barrel, but how do you get rid of the tissue which is now next to your bolt??
Easy pull the trigger, results in instant confetti or if you used damp tissue, super splodgy.you may also encounter what are called lambs tails and fluffy sticks. these are used to polish the inside of the barrel after you have removed the paint.:D

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
i personally find pull throughs allot more convenient to carry. ive got a rubber one that can be connected into a circle, and put round my neck, easy to reach regarless of playing position.
ive always had a problem with straight shots cos they are cumbersome in tight spots.
the end results are similar. and if nothing else you can completely reclean your barrel / gun after the game, but its the in game that counts.

guppy

Banned
Apr 3, 2002
Maidstone, Kent
Visit site
IMO

Pull thrus are crap...they can't be used to wallop punters who deliberately shoot the refs! :D Give me a straight shot anytime ;) btw thanks for all the above info guys...i didn't realise squeegies had another use!:cool: