Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The 9th Annual UKPSF paintball festival and Big Game

Timboy

www.shorelineoutdoor.com
Last day of online bookings is TODAY.

You can still pay on the day. We will not be putting the price up for pay on the day customers - even though this event is is already the lowest ever price for a UK Big Game :eek:

However, there will be no UKPSF discount available, no BAM and no choice of side or faction for pay on the day players.

So if you want to choose which side you are playing on - get yourself booked in today!

Timboy

www.shorelineoutdoor.com
Game map for Sword and the Rings.

Print it and bring it - it'll be worth it.

Those who have played before will notice that instead of each side only having one re-spawn point that is stuck in the far corners as in previous years, this year each side will have two respawn points. One in the middle of the field (with air) and one at the main staging area. This should cut down on a lot of the walking to and fro to respawn.

You'll also notice the single staging area - all players will stage in the one area.

Also - each sides main base (Camelot and Mordor) and entry route into the field will not be decided until the Shoreline Bull competition on Saturday night when both Commanders and all faction leaders will ride the bull. The winners get to choose their base and entry point.

There are more marshalls this year.

There are more toilets this year and there will be ladies only toilets.

There are more traders this year.

Hpac are back.

Who say's we don't listen?? ;)

It's all looking good folks - see you on the weekend.

Timboy

www.shorelineoutdoor.com
Guys

If you want to avoid standing in a long line this weekend. Download the registration form here fill it in and bring it with you when you register.

There will be two lines at registration - a long one with people filling out the form, and a nice short one for those of you who have downloaded and completed this one in advance.

Any questions - drop Tim or Lee a line.

Regards
Lee & Tim

woodyudet

Kent Rangers
Apr 22, 2006
Kent
www.kentvolunteers.co.uk
Finally got most of the paint out of my tabard and cleaned my axe. Really enjoyed myself and had a cracking time the whole weekend. Reds’ won the day but certainly felt we gave them a good game in the ‘bramble valley’ between Rohan and the Staargate. Many thanks for all those who played in the Dwarf faction on Sunday and did such a great job. Our task was to hold Rohan all day which we did for about 5 ½ hours of the 6 hour game. Although we were primarily defensive, it was rarely dull as for the majority of the day the reds tried to cross the valley and in the main got chopped up by both brambles and paint. Although the Dwarf faction was the smallest [we were 20 on the day I believe] its an absolute pleasure to lead a faction full of experienced & committed players who are equally happy in attack or defence.

Highlights of the day

#1 Pepe from the red team sliding into the bunker I was behind and us both taking each other out at point blank range, standing up, shaking hands and heading back to the re-spawn – Just how paintball should be.

#2 – storming the staargate from the rear with 5 mins to go. The reds seemed somewhat surprised to get bounced from the rear out of the bramble valley.

Format

After several years of the two safe zone game, change was very welcome [albeit we nicked the 2 safe zone idea for Invasion and Resistance 1940s] and it certainly played differently. I covered a lot less ground this year than the last 3 albeit that might have been due to Faction objectives rather than anything else judging by the comments here.

In retrospect I think it might be better to move the ‘Rohan’ objective. From the point of defending it as a blue it was ideal as it was adjacent to our spawn. For red this made it tricky and the one time they did capture it meant they could shoot up the blue spawn which is less than ideal in game terms. . I think its better to have objectives which are some distance from a spawn and can be attacked 360 degrees where feasible. Staargate and Helms deep changed hands several times; they were some distance from spawn and you could attack them [theoretically…] from any direction. The red spawn seemed very close to Rohan too at the top of the valley. This made for some excellent firefights but meant that it bogged down as it was difficult for either team to make much headway at the top of the valley

Many thanks

To Andy, Garage and Duncan and all the blues - was thoroughly enjoyable playing alongside you. Thanks to Alex for providing the radios – they were extremely useful.

Congrats to the reds who played well all day

To Shoreline and all the marshals – excellent event; really appreciated the price drop, more toilets and no air queues. T-shirts were good too. Command tent was a great idea; wish they had one at these at some of the other ‘larger’ games I’ve been too previously as a player; its key when re-spawning to be able to find out where to go. Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with next year.