The UK's Best Team... PERIOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
After four heated feeder events of the UKPL, the United Kingdom Paintball League tables are taking shape. Take a peak at the best of the crop to play in those events by pointing your browser to:

http://www.ukpaintballleague.com

... and click upon "UKPL Tables".

The next and final feeder event of this year is the Welsh Open, 28th-29th September. This is your final chance to score UKPL points and earn a prestigious place in the UKPL final.

Remember, the top 22 teams will automatically be granted entrance to the UKPL Final with a further 10 teams joining them by invitation only.

As the first season of UKPL events approaches it's conclusion, who do you think will top the league tables? Who will go on to earn the "Best UK Team" title at the UKPL final?

J

Johan

It's not working like that!!!!

Millennium thats were it is..........

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Looking Good

Cheers - Chris;)

The UKPL league is taking shape.

Johan - The UKPL is a UK based league not a European league like the Millenium - It is an attempt to encourage paintball from grass root to top level, maybe if Holland had adopted a similiar system there would be more than one good player in Holland - O that must be you!!!!!

There are a lot of good players in Holland but none with big egos like Johan!!!

Steve

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Looking Good

Originally posted by Bully
Cheers - Chris;)

The UKPL league is taking shape.

Johan - The UKPL is a UK based league not a European league like the Millenium - It is an attempt to encourage paintball from grass root to top level, maybe if Holland had adopted a similiar system there would be more than one good player in Holland - O that must be you!!!!!

There are a lot of good players in Holland but none with big egos like Johan!!!

Steve

Steve, I don't think anybody has a problem with the ethos of the league but it seems a little strange the thread being entitled
'The UK's Best team...PERIOD'
Bull 'frikkin' **** it is !!!

This league does not determine who the UK's best team is no more than the Southern league determines who the best soccer team is.
Johan is right in this context, the bigger and better the competition is what categorizes UK teams teams not the UK Paintball League.
Syd's thread title smacks of arrogance and ignorance both rolled into one, all the league results do is give you numbers to look at, it has absolutely no reflection on what are the best teams in the UK, if it did, you sure as sh!t wouldn't see the Tigers in equal fifth place.
Syd, the thread would have been much better entitled, ‘Results from some UK tournaments' coz that is all it is, it certainly isn’t any sort of determinant or indicator to the UK's ranking of teams.

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Got you reading the thread though, didn't it.

And, it's all down to how you interperate the thread title. In terms of finding the best UK team from the SWPL, MM, Series, Phoenix events and M25, the UKPL final will determine who is the best team of the lot.

The best team will not be decided by the league points, but by the UKPL final where all the best teams from Nov, Am A, Am B, and Pro from all across the country will be competing against each other.

If teams decide not to attend UKPL feeders, then they can't expect to be in the running for this - unless the organisers decide to give them an invite on their merit alone! The UKPL is, whether you like it or not, a cooperation of all the major tournament organisers in the UK (except Niall) and has every right to claim that it will ultimately end in finding the UK's best team. Arrogant or not, that's my belief.

I fully understand that Millennium events set the standard for play in Europe and that UK teams also judge themselves against this standard. However, it is my firm belief that there is room for a UK standard and that is what the UKPL is trying to do for the very first time - give the UK teams a national standard that they can judge themselves against and strive to better. Is that right or wrong?

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
PERIOD? never heard of them........funny name for a team too.

:)

where's my medication
Got to agree, it's only a small thing but let's try and keep the Americanism's to a minimum. :) Especially as you're aiming to promote British paintball. :)

I'll take a 'full stop' over a 'period' any time...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Syd (SWPL)
I fully understand that Millennium events set the standard for play in Europe and that UK teams also judge themselves against this standard. However, it is my firm belief that there is room for a UK standard and that is what the UKPL is trying to do for the very first time - give the UK teams a national standard that they can judge themselves against and strive to better. Is that right or wrong?
Giving the UK teams a 'national standard' as you call it, which in reality has no bearing whatsoever as to who can be called the best, is not the benchmark here.
I don't have to explain classroom data sets to you, or maybe I have to, but the data presented as some form of coherent league table is in this case non-sensical.
You can sure create a league that has teams judge themselves within the context of a flawed and arbitary logging system if you want, no problem, but don't try and tell me this has anything to do with tagging any particular team with the 'best' or even providing a bone fide ranking system, it doesn't, nowhere near !
Oh and Bazil, it wasn't a good call, you are a fool !

Status
Not open for further replies.