The Home Of European Paintball

The UK's Best Team... PERIOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
the only way you can have a 'best team in britain' is to have a league that everyone plays in every event and then the scores would be more accurate. the Millenium is at the moment the only real judge of how good we are, but still only against the teams that have entered!

at the moment we are above some very good American teams in the series points, but they have only played one tournament, how can i say without looking stupid that that means we are a better team than them? cos that is what your scores table is suggesting!

at the moment the best UK teams havnt even played each other in a top ranking tournament (except us and Shockwave in Dam) so how can we be judged against each other?

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
he he he, it's funny 'cos Robbos not mad at me :)

Just noticed, if we'd played every leg we'd be first!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wooohooooooo

Roll on next season, better start taking this seriously and playing each leg.........otherwise El Mariachi will beat ya.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by gaff
the only way you can have a 'best team in britain' is to have a league that everyone plays in every event and then the scores would be more accurate. the Millenium is at the moment the only real judge of how good we are, but still only against the teams that have entered!

at the moment we are above some very good American teams in the series points, but they have only played one tournament, how can i say without looking stupid that that means we are a better team than them? cos that is what your scores table is suggesting!

at the moment the best UK teams havnt even played each other in a top ranking tournament (except us and Shockwave in Dam) so how can we be judged against each other?
Exactly Gaff....couldn't have put it better myself....by the way we played Tigers in Toulouse.....

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
I think there is some misunderstanding here. The UKPL league tables are not there to rank teams - they are there to determine which 22 teams qualifying for the finals.

It is the results of the UKPL final that ultimately count, not the league table.

Gaff - I agree we need a league where everyone plays every event, but that's a way off yet. By holding feeder event all across the country, the UKPL initially gives every team the opportunity to compete in the same league as all other teams in the country. Eventually, once the UKPL feeder events have proven themselves as worth attending, teams will then be encouraged to travel to them and everyone team could end up playing every event.

Gaff - The league table is purely there to show how teams are faring in their attempt to qualify for the UKPL Final - the title of this thread has been taken out of context (which is my fault).

Gaff - The top teams can't be judged against each other unless they do play against each other, you're right. Hence the Finals!

Robbo - If you'd like to make suggestions to the UKPL commitee, your input is welcome, as is everyones. All our contact details are on the UKPL web site. And please don't get the merits of the UKPL mixed up with the politics behind the title of this thread!

It would be nice if we had a league where all the uk teams played but lets face it that aint gonna happen !!

Basically all the teams that 'qualify' will play in the UKPL final where they will play eachother and u will get the best out of that group of teams with the exception of nexus (might b wrong but don't remember seein them on the list) the best uk teams r already up there Tigers Shock etc !!

it's not ideal but it's a start at least the different leagues r talking to each other !

rather than knocking the idea y don't we try and support it and try and bring a standard in so one day we might have a proper league system and not just a bunch of people running events seperatly !!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Syd (SWPL)
I think there is some misunderstanding here. The UKPL league tables are not there to rank teams - they are there to determine which 22 teams qualifying for the finals.

It is the results of the UKPL final that ultimately count, not the league table.

Gaff - I agree we need a league where everyone plays every event, but that's a way off yet. By holding feeder event all across the country, the UKPL initially gives every team the opportunity to compete in the same league as all other teams in the country. Eventually, once the UKPL feeder events have proven themselves as worth attending, teams will then be encouraged to travel to them and everyone team could end up playing every event.

Gaff - The league table is purely there to show how teams are faring in their attempt to qualify for the UKPL Final - the title of this thread has been taken out of context (which is my fault).

Gaff - The top teams can't be judged against each other unless they do play against each other, you're right. Hence the Finals!

Robbo - If you'd like to make suggestions to the UKPL commitee, your input is welcome, as is everyones. All our contact details are on the UKPL web site. And please don't get the merits of the UKPL mixed up with the politics behind the title of this thread!
I hadn't realised there were any 'politics' behind the title, I was arguing the case on the merits of the substance of the title not any imaginary politics.

It's hardly surprising people reading your post might connect the title of the post with what the post contains...funny that :rolleyes: but as you quite rightly say, that was your fault.

And DoaRobbo, nobody is knocking the league or any proposed play offs, try to read my post properly next time, I am merely saying the compilation of the league does not represent the title of the post...get it?
But Syd has already admitted he made a mistake on that one so no problem !

Originally posted by JoseDominguez

Just noticed, if we'd played every leg we'd be first!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wooohooooooo

Roll on next season, better start taking this seriously and playing each leg.........otherwise El Mariachi will beat ya.
Better Idea still Jose, Just volunteer to marshall evry one of the feeder events. Not only will you be top of the table without having to lift a marker but also you would be quids in because they have been paying you.
Might have a problem when you get to the finals though when your seeded first:confused:

See I've found the loophole!!!!

gaff

www.hired-killaz.com
Mar 12, 2003
'in ya face baby!'
Originally posted by Robbo
Exactly Gaff....couldn't have put it better myself....by the way we played Tigers in Toulouse.....
oops sorry forgot that one! even so we still can only summise who is the best UK team at the moment, maybe we should arrange a Pro only tourney and see whos best............(thinking)..........nah fu€k that i dont care whos best over here, its the shermans we gotta compete with! oh and the russians!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.