Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Throwing guns on the ground.

MissyQ

Jan 9, 2006
Harlem, NY
Visit site
thats nothing, friend of mine's gun simply disintigrated on him the other day, one second it was there, the next second........totally disintigrated. Then these guys came over mob-handed and gave him shxt for it. It was a nasty situation let me tell you....

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Yeah I hate it when that happens... one minute your running around shooting people... next minute its wtf has happened, my air tank gone... if I had a £ for everytime... :confused: :rolleyes:
Made me laugh out loud :D

This is one issue that will need to be addressed at the organisers meeting
And fixed penalties introduced and enforced countrywide ;)
We preach safety, ban for the day rookie players for unknowingly using ramping guns in non ramping event and don't ban a player for arbitarily launching a gassed paintball marker in the vicinity of players and spectators.:eek:

Wonder which is the most dangerous? :confused:
Problems we had (not too many, could have been worse)
We had a guy whose ego was on rebound mode, 1 pull, 2 shots every time, who had a bit of a tantrum...
A couple of hot guns, one at 330fps...
We had a guy telling us that we 'weren't allowed' to flick the trigger to test for ramp...
...Loads of people're using virtue, no manual way of testing for added shots

Going completely off topic, I have heard suggestions that ramping will be considered for the higher divs next year to combat this: discuss.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
That was suggested last year and nothing has changed to reverse the decision that was made.
I thought not but one of the senior marshalls was telling me it was being discussed for at least Div 1.

It probably won't come to pass, but just, what would people think if it was introduced?

'Meh', if it's only in Div one probably :)

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
I thought not but one of the senior marshalls was telling me it was being discussed for at least Div 1.

It probably won't come to pass, but just, what would people think if it was introduced?

About as sensible a throwing a fully gassed up, loaded and switched on marker 20 foot in the air:D

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member

Well, I wouldn't want to see ramping introduced at the Masters.... Might as well allow wiping as well, get rid of the marshalls altogether :p

I did see one guy on either field one or two whose gun was bouncy as ****, the marshall had it going pretty much full auto.. and the guy claimed "every electronic marker does that, you're just not holding it properly" to which the marshall replied "someone give me a marker, any marker..... nope, can't do it with this one!" lol

Lemon

Baller without a willy ;)
Feb 17, 2006
Bradford
www.get-cash-back.co.uk
Yeah!

Because of the Div/team the player (that I witnessed, prob not your one Lemon) played for I am told (if I'm wrong please correct me) was not punished in terms of points, and a 3-4-1 was not possible because there were no players left on that team.
yep, on your field. He was the last player in so 341 not possible.

You should picked it back up calmly walked over took the hopper and air off, held it by the barrell and cracked it across his face....doubt he'd do it again.

I'll be the first to admit if i get shot out when i know i shouldnt have and its my fault i'll vent a bit of anger by puching the floor or kicking the floor on the way back to loosersville but never launch a marker
Lol, I wouldn't disrespect a marker like that :p And when i mess up I tend to scream and shout :eek: but nothing physical :)

Yeah I hate it when that happens... one minute your running around shooting people... next minute its wtf has happened, my air tank gone... if I had a £ for everytime... :confused: :rolleyes:
LMAO :D

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
why get ejected for throwing your marker? throwing a marker with no air on it doesnt really endanger other people on it? if you want to throw your 1k piece of gat on the ground sure ;p

just aslong as theres not an air tank attached to it i dont mind people doing that ;p
Have you ever been hit in the head with an Angel? No? Thought so.:rolleyes:

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Problems we had (not too many, could have been worse)
We had a guy whose ego was on rebound mode, 1 pull, 2 shots every time, who had a bit of a tantrum...
A couple of hot guns, one at 330fps...
We had a guy telling us that we 'weren't allowed' to flick the trigger to test for ramp...
...Loads of people're using virtue, no manual way of testing for added shots

yeah we (field 4) had a couple of naughty guns too....2nd game of the day we had a shocker on ramping. a few games later we had an ion ramping its tits off.....both players had their gun banned for the day, if it was down to me the player would have been banned as well.
there were at least 2 or 3 others which i put into the bracked of very suspect....one shocker that was definatly adding shots but it was hidden well by the software, only adding at high rof and doing it subtlely. had an angel doing the exact same thing too.
i didnt manage to find any breakout modes tho which i was keeping an eye out for and i did test around 15 guns for simply because i saw what sort of board was in them.
i think eventually players will stop using certain boards in certain guns simply because they are easily recogniseable and ref can spot them a mile away and already know what they are capable of.