Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Training in the 21st Century

Nah, it's deeper rooted than that. In tha past, if I wanted to market my products in Europe I'd have used a UK team like Preds, NWC, Banzai...why? Cos they were tha best and were in tha magazines.

Now if I want to marlet in Europe I'd look to Ducklings, Russkies, Joy and Tontons. Why? Cos they're tha best, they get in tha magazines more - and also cos they look dope. (Well, except from tha Legion and their red-hand gang approved tracksuits).

They all did it tha hard way - training properly - and from what I understand no Brits have done that for quite some time.

If I'm JT, say, tha only team I'd look to sponsor in tha UK would be Nexus and that's purely and simply cos of Robo and Ledz's names and contacts. Hell, I'm not sure I'd even know another UK team, barring maybe Shockwave.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Re: Simon

Originally posted by Simon Malone
Do you think those guys would be playing for the team if it cost them more money then there previous team:confused:

Is that the problem with British paintball, everybody wants something for nothing? An very few are willing to put there hand in there pocket to pay for all this.

I know it aint in quite the same league but some players will and do move to different teams even if its going to cost them more, take myself for example, when I was in Dyehard I'd just bought the ideal marker for me, the paint was (very) cheap and through are sponsor we were getting new kit again very cheap. BUT and it is a big one, they weren't at that time doing or looking to do the type of training that I felt we needed to, so I joined Twisted. This move has cost me personally about £1000 in equipment and an extra god knows how much more per tourney.
Why did I move? Cos I think Twisted has what it takes to be the best!

Paul
:)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Baca Loco
I hear y'all talkin' about how hard it is but I don't hear anyone YET saying what they and/or their team is going to do about it.
Regarding sponsorship.

Well I could tell ya..... but then I'd have to kill ya!

Seriously though I have plenty of ideas but am afraid I can't really share em on here! None are particually revolutionary but considering 90% of paintballers are lazy b'stards a little effort goes a long way.................... I hope! :)

Paul
:D

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
Our basic training schedule involves the basics of paintball....
Snap shooting, running and shooting, quick mugs, left hand play.
We will perhaps do a few local tournaments as Paul suggests, mainly to learn to play as a full squad - but our main concern is mastering the basics (accuracy, speed, communication)
Local Tournaments to Twisted are just a chance to iron out problems we are having as team - then we go back and qork on those problems.
We do suffer in fitness, but plans to sort that out are in the pipelines.
We are devoted to training, as i know are Kellys and Ecstacy.

You see no benefits from paintball if you only play tournaments, or train just playing small games within the team.

Watch this space, as big things will come.

:)

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Pete :

What needs to basically happen is a change in thinking. Plaingball players ned to think of themselves as "Athletes" playing a "sport". It's one thing to say it like a parrot over and over, it's another to believe it.

When you talk, I know you have the spark, the passion.but when I hear a lot of other people talk, I just see a lot of lip-flappin' and ot a lot of passion. You talk to anyone who plays in the MLB or the NFL and they have the passion. They know they're athletes. Paintball does not have that from it's players, I'm sad to say.

So, with that in mind, the whole sport needs to change.

Me, I'm going snowboarding becasue that my side passion. :)

-Tyger

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Tyger
Pete :
What needs to basically happen is a change in thinking. Plaingball players ned to think of themselves as "Athletes" playing a "sport". It's one thing to say it like a parrot over and over, it's another to believe it.
When you talk, I know you have the spark, the passion.but when I hear a lot of other people talk, I just see a lot of lip-flappin' and ot a lot of passion. You talk to anyone who plays in the MLB or the NFL and they have the passion. They know they're athletes. Paintball does not have that from it's players, I'm sad to say.
So, with that in mind, the whole sport needs to change.
Me, I'm going snowboarding becasue that my side passion. :)
-Tyger
Rob, strange as it may seem, I agree 100% with everything u say !!!!

For too long, it's all been about lip-waggling but now, people who are serious about our sport, have to get serious rather than just talking about it and fooling themselves into thinking that what they do is significant in trying to professionalise their teams .
Pete

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
The thing that frustrates me about this more than anything in attitude costs nothing.

What's stopping people turning up for training doing snap shooting, fitness, technique, fitness, snap shooting, technique.

Probably require all of 1 case per 5 people, but they just want to turn up and play and shoot paint.

That is one of the reasons why Nexus will suceed, regardless of thier sponsorships and (to a point) the players raw quality. They are simply prepared to put the time and effort in out of their "normal" lives - they all have that same attitude.

paintballer ron

dude, sup
Oct 20, 2002
Central Louisiana, USA
Visit site
finally joining the tourney scene

ok, first of all, i am a new player. i have been playing for about 6 months. i have played as much as possible, and it wasnt that much. i read everything about paintball that i could get my hands on...over...and over...and over. i studied all of the things in the p8ntballer.com's classroom. i read every tip i could find. i started out with a 98c. recently i joined a tournament level team. we are going to the mardi gras open this february and have plans on going to the 03 worldcup. we play every weekend/every other weekend...and this is where all of my ranting and raving comes to the subject at hand... that is all we do, just play. i have been exercising etc. on my own to get in better shape, but i dont think that is enough. as soon as i get in the rest of my new equipment(which should be this weekend, im still waiting for my redz pants, 02GZ, evo2, and a shocktech drop) i will be doing snapshooting etc. drills in my back yard. what really should be done is actual practice with the whole team, not just individual practice and team play. i am going to try and talk with the team to suggest drills, but i am the youngest and one of the newest players on the team. i am 13 and in the 8th grade. most of the other players have their own cars. they arent going to listen to me as much as i would like, but i am still gonna try. we are entering two rookie teams in the mardi gras open, the primary with the best players on the team, and the secondary, the newest players. the secondary team is at a disadvantage b/c of our inexperience, but i am going to talk with all of the people on the secondary team and try to get them to work harder than the primary players. i am going to alter the codes that we will be using b/c even though both teams are on the same team, we are against each other. when we have to play each other at the mardi gras open, we will know what each other are saying, unless one team changes codes...which i plan on doing.
we have to pay 13 bucks per 500 paintballs, practice and play alike get expensive, but i am doing everything i can to become a better player

see yall later,
ron

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Ron.

Don't bother about the codes, highly unlikely you'll actually play each other at an event that big. and codes are hard enough to hear across your team, can't really ever remember hearing the other teams codes much.

Get the basics right, get them playing tight and shooting paint - do that right and you'll beat 3/4 of the teams out their without much trouble. Stuff like timing and tactics and moves will come later.

Stay tight, shoot fast accurate paint and capatilise on kills - simple huh? :D