UK Teams in NPPL

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Re: There is no option

Originally posted by stongle
Since UK teams have yet to reach parity with the US or Russians, they should look at something achieveable. As I previously stated, Joy are leaps ahead of either team, how do you think they achieved that? Infact at every level from Pro down to Nov, the European or Scandinavians generally hold the top spots.

Back to basics:

Get Fit
Get Skilled
and
Get off the hype machine
QFT

Personally I'm now hitting the gym 4 times a week, 'gun training' hopefully twice a month.

As has been said if only there was a 'tourny village' or something similar, when I got the last Planet Eclipse mail shot through first thing I saw was this pic;

Immediatley I thought SWEEET! then looked more closely :(

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Re: Re: trainin against the best in the UK

Originally posted by Mark Toye-Nexus
This is where I will pitch in;

Bolter - your post here will hardly inspire your fellows to undertake scrimmaging with your team.

As Stongle says later - this will benefit those guys for sure but what of Shock/Tigers?

Where's the advantage for them?

If anyone is going to scrimmage against anyone then it must be undertaken for the right reasons and under the right circumstances and conditions - well my opinion anyway. You guys can do what you want of course!!

Good luck everyone next year - use your resources wisely!!
I can see Shock scrimming against Tigers as very advantagous. I dont see your point Mark.

For the third time.......if it doesnt work out, we dont have to do it again.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Collier

LPS used to have a very similar place in Luton I used to go to every week with others and drill each others heads all day long, was seriously good training. No room for error, plus less cold....got closed down. I only just got over it, now you show me this!!:( ....damn u:p

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Collier

Originally posted by matski
LPS used to have a very similar place in Luton I used to go to every week with others and drill each others heads all day long, was seriously good training. No room for error, plus less cold....got closed down. I only just got over it, now you show me this!!:( :p
Sorry :(

Wonder how many customers would need to pass through the doors to make a profit?!?!!?

psycho

Baggin ain't easy!
Apr 2, 2003
Stoneys Basement
Re: Re: Re: trainin against the best in the UK

Damn right, ignore the haters....
Well why don't nexus come down aswell Mark? More the better..
You have nothing to lose...

And Collier, you might not have to wait too long for a uk SC Village... SSShhhhhh

Originally posted by Bolter
I can see Shock scrimming against Tigers as very advantagous. I dont see your point Mark.

For the third time.......if it doesnt work out, we dont have to do it again.
;)

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Dave Stewart has an Xball field and grounds in south london, WDP have the land, netting and air setup.. its used every other week but few show at the moment..Nick@skirmish? Mayhem? Surely Planet have somewhere up north..? Theres quite a few options its a case of commitment and money...(not to sound like an echo)...

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by matski
Dave Stewart has an Xball field and grounds in south london, WDP have the land, netting and air setup.. its used every other week but few show at the moment..Nick@skirmish? Mayhem? Surely Planet have somewhere up north..? Theres quite a few options its a case of commitment and money...(not to sound like an echo)...
Planet or rather nexus use Skirmish Leicester. Didn't know about WDP be every other weekend, I thought it was just the sup air Sunday...
Money's the main ****ter though admittedley.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Re: Re: Re: Re: trainin against the best in the UK

Originally posted by psycho
Damn right, ignore the haters....
Well why don't nexus come down aswell Mark? More the better..
You have nothing to lose...
NO NO NO.

This is one of the reasons Nexus had problems this year. If Pete was here he'd testify to that. Sure it helped those who scrimmaged against them, but it is not an effective training routine.

Teams will generally default to a standard game or use exploitive tactics just to win. They get carried away trying to beat the opposition they throw the play book out the window. It has little structure and can be a waste of time.

2004 was a strange year due to the EXL and the damage done by the political shenanigans between the NXL, PSP, NPPL and Millennium. Teams results have not been indicitive by their ability as training was disrupted by dual format and squad issues. At the the end of the day, in the abscence of a talent pool and facilities like the US, fitness and reductionist training is the only way to suceed (proven).