Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UK Teams in NPPL

Oct 28, 2003
south central bookham
Originally posted by Bolter
no kyle, drills are the way forward, but I think we should also try the scrims ontop of the drillin.

We drill alot, Im sure you do.
im gettin tired of this. time to prove you wrong

We practice as frequently as possible. Usually twice a week. We have created many drills and scenarios that we use to simulate tournament situations, but nothing is like practicing another team.
as said by alex fraige in this interview

http://www.paintballstar.com/pn/modules.php?op=modload&name=PagEd&file=index&topic_id=7&page_id=92

still think drills are the way forward

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by Kyle - Shock Unit 04
im gettin tired of this. time to prove you wrong

as said by alex fraige in this interview

http://www.paintballstar.com/pn/modules.php?op=modload&name=PagEd&file=index&topic_id=7&page_id=92

still think drills are the way forward
Kyle come back and tell us all that when you're that good and or had a Dynasty talent transplant (or any other UK Player for that matter).

Anyway is noone going to take that bet? How about (assuming no expansion beyond 18 teams in NPPL Pro Bracket), no more than 7 UK 1st team Pro Players in the NPPL? bullseye?

NZFrodo

Apr 15, 2004
Wellington, New Zealand
Visit site
uhhh

Its different for the likes of dynasty, they only need to maintain their gun skills, most players still have to develop their skills which will mean a hell of a lot more drilling to get muscle memory and all that crap.

Unless your the likes of alex fraige or ollie lang, you need to perfect the basics before you say you need more game time.

My 2 cents

Jono

Jo99

Nov 11, 2003
Underground
Visit site
Hey Stongle-wanna take me up on a wager-You wont be one of the NPPL Pro's,place your money where your mouth is.

There is though a good chance Kyle will be,sack the fu*k up.

Spec ops website coming soon......

sie2050

WCK Killa
Oct 11, 2004
swansea, wales, uk
Visit site
stongle are you from the uk??
if so y dont you shut up and let the boys get on with their training plans i dont see y you shud try and put the teams down and tell them not to play against each other.
and for 1. playing against other teams is a great advantage as they can spot your weaknesses and giv advice.
2. different teams play differently so if you play other teams you learn to adapt to the situation more effectively.

you may think that im jus another kid but i have experienced great improvements in my playing after playing with more experienced teams such as div 2 team wrexham pimps and also having a more experienced player at our training for example div 1 player steve showtime to point us in the right direction.

So playing against other teams is i think essential to improving the overall skill and team work levels on your team.

p.s i know i sed more experienced players but less experienced players can also spot weaknesses that you may think is not possible becos i am one of those less experienced players and i have found gaps in better teams that they didnt know about.

ohh btw stongle this wasnt meant to be an offensive reply
-si-

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by Jo99
Hey Stongle-wanna take me up on a wager-You wont be one of the NPPL Pro's,place your money where your mouth is.

There is though a good chance Kyle will be,sack the fu*k up.

Spec ops website coming soon......
Joe99,

Was the bet about me? nope, maybe Kyle will make the holy shizzle in the NPPL / NXL.. Even though I neither want nor could play pro bracket, anyone playing an MLT has bought an opinion.

Sie2050,

No I'm from the UK, and you've vindicated my argument that scrimmaging generally benefits the weaker team. Any player can reach a high level of technical proficiency, and still not be able to replicate in a game situation (hence scrimmaging does have some benefit in highlighting this), but we are talking a quantum leap from the Wrexham Pimps to Pro bracket (no offence).

Anyways, this is my last point on the whole shebang, so SpecNeeds can do one:

Finance (i.e. sponsorship)
Ability
Commitment to training and skills development

All pretty much in that order

Without the first 3 all the scrimmaging in the world ain't gonna mean dick is it. Of course it will help, but it's far from the first thing that should be on UK teams minds.

What many of you seem to gloss over, is this type of commitment to the NPPL and a Pro Campaign is going to cost money. And short of teams finding benevolent Russian Oligarchs or becoming the Guy Hands of Life Insurance and Aircraft Leasing Company Repackaging, the cost makes a successful campaign massively difficult and almost impossible. The total UK Sponsorship portfolio is not likely to increase hugely, even if there is a slight redistribution of bullet deals (upwards). This redistribution merely affects the lower ranked teams and those coming up (hence placing yet again additional emphasis on skills development). There is no "I'm a "Pro", so gimme gimme gimme free sh*t", the sooner the majority (not all), of the "pro" cadre realise this the sooner you'll realise that paintball is consumer (rec, punter and tournament) not "Pro" driven.

And seriously, if many of you think that both the Major Leagues and many of the "Pro" bracket players customer service and "professionalism" is particularly impressive, think again. Me, I'll think I'll exercise my consumer right to play Golf next year.

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Originally posted by sie2050
stongle are you from the uk??
if so y dont you shut up and let the boys get on with their training plans i dont see y you shud try and put the teams down and tell them not to play against each other
Originally posted by sie2050
ohh btw stongle this wasnt meant to be an offensive reply
Classy. You're not an Editorial writer for the Sun or Mail are you?

Kyle, you gotta change the record mate - we all know that Stongle's a bit of a twat at times, but so are you, me and most of the English-speaking world.

He's right tho
:D

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Personally if I were running a pro team next season it'd be 4/5 drills vs 1 scrim and then it would only be against the other pro UK teams i.e.;

Tigers,
Nexus,
Shock.

If I was running an Am A team I'd try to do likewise in regards to scrimming against pro's.....
That said there are a number of AM A/Div1 teams that I believe are only limited by ££££.

sammy_k

Southshore High
Oct 8, 2003
London/Moscow
Visit site
Theres too many pages to read through so forgive me if some one has already made this point.

Twizz, basicly what it all it boils down to is the MONEY. Thats probally gonna piss you off but its the truth. Until PB pays the bills (in the U.K.) its still just a hobbie over here to all the players that dont work in the industry. A prime example of good player that falls into this catergory is Mr Eddie Lowe. A straight up baller who could walk onto any team in the U.K. Why cant he play? See above (MONEY). I know certain people on certain teams pump money into the team(s) to help them. But at the end of the day its still alot of money and time off work to go to these places. Even if PB was free the next problem would be time off work. People still need to work to pay the bills. How many young talented players do you know ? Alot right ? ! Now how many of them have good jobs with a good salary ?