Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

visor or no

eric

Dedicated Pot Bitch
Aug 23, 2001
US, Ohio
Visit site
I don't really think that the visor makes you a bigger target but thats just opinion. Indoor fields and ovcercast(but not rainy) I take it off.

Outdoor fields and sunny/rainy I leave it on.

Its all just what makes you comfortable guys.

not that it makes you that much of a bigger target. It is more that it adds to your "face".

What I mean is - it is like the old joke for people with big noses, first you see their noses then 5 minutes later they arrive.

What the visor does is it lets you opponent know that you are coming around the edge of you bunker. Because it is so thin and in front of you face, some people think that just because their eyes are in behind a barricade that they are safe. Eric you are right, it doesn't make you that much bigger - I will never shoot after the edge of a visor - but I will watch where it is and wait for you to stick the rest of head out.

goose

randomlyinsane

May 8, 2002
oregon
Visit site
just played

i just played this sunday without the visor on, speedball all day long, and it was fine. i didn't need it at all. until it started raining, then i put it on and that helped keep the facemask part free of water droplets. but not of paint splatter :(

Chris White

Impulse...Feel The Energy
size

I think they were reffering to the 3 inches sticking out in front of the goggles!:)

Also, Proteus /Chameleon goggles have that dodgy visor which curves outwards instead of inwards. I have seen more goggle hits on those visors than any of the other goggle system visors. JT have slipped up there, changing the design...looks kool but it is inpractical! Sorry JT:(

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
Keep your visor on, I've got a set of scott goggles which don't have a visor and it's a right pain in the arse when it rains becuase the water gets into the vents on the top and all I can see is water woobling about in my goggles. In bright sun shine you can't see a bloody thing. I'm all for a visor. On that note, does anybody know where I can get a snap on visor for my scott goggles.

crazypbkid

team driven black
Apr 23, 2002
va
Visit site
get rid of the vizer it takes so many hits that if u didnt have it on would of just rolled off the top of your head now about the rain i dont play in that because i have to many elctronics on my gun boards fry:eek: !!!

Pinky_81

Team Wikings
Mar 19, 2002
Denmark
I'd keep my on!!

I have an old JT Spectra 360 (or something) and as Someone mentioned before I almost only gets bouncers...

Ok - I often play back, so opposition might react a lot slower to seeing the visor coming out, but it's still a lot of bouncing... (REFs think I'm stupid when I keep asking for paintchecks...)

Besides - I'd feel almost naked without the visor... I'm not a chicken :eek:, but It hurts like hell to get shot in the head!! Without the visor there is a lot of unprotected head...

Pinky (DK)

chico

Mar 23, 2002
San Dimas, CA
Visit site
for me definly visor off i play in door and u definlty dont need the extra four inches stickin out of ur bunker and plus with out u have a complete view of ur souronidns