Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Walk-on Evening: MEGA PAINTBALL @ Bournemouth

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
before i forget isnt supplying people about to use live firearms with alchohol a slight health and safety and insurance issue?

and before people say about it yes he does have a bar/cafe supplying people who are waiting to play with said drinks.
surely thats illegal.
Not illegal - you need to read up about paintball and the law
Possibly a Health and Safety issue, but then if he is selling responsibly then there is no issue.

wow quite a few replys,

yes i know its steep for paint and for the green fee but hes not realy too keen to shift alot due to his overheads, he did tell me but i have forgotten but its ridicules but then again he chose the location.

Also about offering a guaranteed monthly walkon he said he didnt want that maybe once every few months, because he would rarther have the punters in.... but he said hes mainly busy tues & wed with students and a few people in at weekends, like i said when i went down it was just 3 kids and there mum on sunday, that is meant to be any sites busiest day!

So im a tad confused to what his goal is, all i can say is if he gives me a price per case of recball and we go down for one game and take it from there ??

(he would not believe that we pay £25 for a case at pbp... he seems to think i was lying, because he said he cant get it no where near that, she hes going to phone sterling up) The difference is pbp have been buying it in for years and have a good deal with their supplier and hes just started and does not... dont think he can grasp that.

AsylumDave

Styling THE CLAW 2010
Mar 9, 2009
Maybe not, but undeniably, bloody terrible practise.
Not really. Nothing wrong with players having a beer after a good days balling. Aslong as it is operated with the proper procedures in place to ensure players don't re-enter the game zone then its fine.

peaty

Under the INFLUENCE!
Nov 4, 2005
Bournemouth
Visit site
Not really. Nothing wrong with players having a beer after a good days balling. Aslong as it is operated with the proper procedures in place to ensure players don't re-enter the game zone then its fine.
sadly the way he worded it, it sounded like he lets them the whole time theyre there he said to me and my mate when we were there

'' theres our cafe/bar so people can have a pint whilst waiting to play''

also with the sterling paint. he currently owns another site called s.a.s paintball which used to be located near chapelgate in hurn and sterling is the paint that they shoot, as far as im aware s.a.s has been running for a good 8 years plus so surely they should have a lovely relationship with sterling by now.

the point im trying to get at is the site looks realy good for a walkon but it just isnt run professioinally enough to gain my personal trust in playing there. i dont know how anyone else thinks about this.

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
Afterwards, yeah, why not. Sounds like that would be quite nice. But I meant during.

uncle_osiris

May 27, 2008
southampton
I was quite interested in this, but hearing the outcome and replies from everyone, has made me unsure. I'll wait to see what the paint price ends up being and let that settle it.

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com
does he not realise how many people are interested in playing proper games there??
it seems to me that there are a fair few people who would be interested in going down maybe once a month. i know he is looking for punters but surely even a group of maybe 15 players would be better than 3 kids and their mum.

peaty

Under the INFLUENCE!
Nov 4, 2005
Bournemouth
Visit site
well ant all he obviously cares about is the benjamins. and i think out of greed he would rather charge them full,price than give us resonable price. he isnt buisness minded. he just doesnt realise that if we are there people see us playing makes them want to try out he ends up with more custom cause we pass word around.

sadly he seems to be too tangled in the money