The Home Of European Paintball

Walk-On Virgin

Mafney

May 10, 2006
Salisbury, Wiltshire
try this link its a site at snetterton and thetford
http://www.combatpaintball.org/

the website covers the theftford woods site
but its the same company Just call James(owner of the site) on his mobile number, obtained from Combat paintball website and he will give you any information you require. Alternatively, contact 'I'mnovet' on this forum for any information about the Snetterton site. walk on are ok but you only get to use the site guns only try going to snett you will have more luck in seeing all the other makes of guns there and proberly get to try some
Brilliant thanks, will definately try and find more out about the site as its fairly close to me as well. Maybe meet some of you if you visit regularly which would be good.

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
Welcome to paintball mate, i'm new too really hehe, but i might be able to help.
Yeah, I would definately get a nice mask with a thermal lense, i used to fog up like a bit*h on rec ball days with the rental masks but i got a 2nd hand pair of events and they're brilliant. Light, don't fog up, and look pretty dam sexy lol.
About markers, i myself have just got a pmr an would thorougly recommend one. For £150 it's a great marker, and for £10 more than an ion I think it's well worth it. They're easy to look after, look tasty, easly upgradeable and more importantly they RIP lol. But i all depends on how much you're going to spend. Also like other people have said,you can pick up a 2nd hand pm or dm on this forum which is a very good choice aswell.
The easiest thing is to get to a shop and look at them, you'll find you probably had any misconceptions about some gear and you'll almost definately will find things you like, and usually more than the gun you were eyeing up before. Also getting to a walkon and renting is a good idea as i did that a couple of months ago before buying my own kit, but not all sites do that just give them a ring and i'm sure they'll sort out something for you.
I'm pretty new to paintball too and im not sure if I totally know what im going on about before anyone says it lol :p, but i hope it helps mate.

Mafney

May 10, 2006
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Yeah, thanks.

I have been looking at the Dye/Proto range of markers after what people have said in this thead. I am tempted by a few in the For Sale section at the moment but would it be better to buy something like a new PMR instead of a few years old DM/PM 5/6??

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
IMO Don't get anything less than PM6/DM6/PMR. The older models are still great guns but it can be harder to get some parts and spares.
Although all good consider the Proto SLG if the above is perhaps outside of your budget. Ion's have had their day god bless em and I wouldnt recomend anyone buying one nowadays.

Get a marker package to suit your budget, but keep in mind that buy something too basic and you WILL look to upgrade it at some point.

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
Although all good consider the Proto SLG if the above is perhaps outside of your budget. Ion's have had their day god bless em and I wouldnt recomend anyone buying one nowadays.

Get a marker package to suit your budget, but keep in mind that buy something too basic and you WILL look to upgrade it at some point.
True, but if he has the money for the others I'd personally go with them. I think the SLG will require a decent amount of cash spent on it from stock just like the ion.

Mafney

May 10, 2006
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I can tailor my budget to suit really, it just means I'll have to save up for a slightly longer period of time.

PMR is looking like a good possibility with the price dropped and everything, although I will still lookout for a DM/PM 6 or possibly an Ego or ETek.

I really should try some out though, like you guys have suggested... I know I want to just buy the kit and get out there but Im sure patience will pay off. :p

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
yeah, haven't shot an ego or etek but i've only heard good things. I was goin to get an slg ... but they'e the same price as a pmr at the moment, and the rail is better in every way, apart from slightly less efficency.