Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Walk-On Virgin

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
I got a 2nd hand etek off here and I LOVE it. Excellent value for money. Easy to maintain too :) .

Mafney

May 10, 2006
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Just another quick question to everyone again, how safe is it to keep air in an air tank after a game?? e.g safe to travel home and keep for a few weeks so I can still practice at home in between games or is it best to empty it before travelling??

Any answers will help Im sure ;)

Cliff-In2Deep

Banned
May 24, 2007
Basingstoke
www.in2deep.co.uk
Just another quick question to everyone again, how safe is it to keep air in an air tank after a game?? e.g safe to travel home and keep for a few weeks so I can still practice at home in between games or is it best to empty it before travelling??

Any answers will help Im sure ;)
no problem with the air in just don't get it to hot or cold...

RobSJ

Ronin
Jan 3, 2007
Richmond
www.facebook.com
Hey dude welcome to paintball, now as far as the PMR vs Ion thing goes, i own one of each, and they both rip in their own little way, i would say first off as everyone has said before, the mask, go with something you feel comfortable wearing, as they do vary in terms of size and stuff, i the Dye I3 pros and they are uber light and look cool as well lol:), anyway go with something that is comfortable for you to wear but as ppl have said V Force, Dye or Events all excellant, masks and all comfortable.

Now onto the gats now i have both an ion and a PMR i admit with the ion i have added a few ups onto it like a new asa and also q lock, the two main upgrades everyone gets, and then more stuff, the point is the ion is awesome in terms of its simplicity to strip down and clean and put back together. Its quick and easy and also really fast to do. Now the PMR i think it is an excellant marker, its strips down easily and also rips, Dye products in general are awesome, the end of the day i think it is up to you in terms of budget but i would say at the moment the PMR in terms of cost is the better deal, more for your money also a newer marker, if you do decide to go down the PM5/6 or DM 5/6 route dont get anything older than an 05 or 06 as parts can be harder to find, i mean there are some amazing deals on here atm on PM7s, as far as clothing goes start with the playing trousers then top and then all the other stuff, in terms of colours get any one you want, but bear in mind some colours such as orange are banned in certain tournaments.

In conclusion and yes i know i have gone on a bit, have some fun and have a blast the snetterton site is awesome, and any walk on days you go to ppl will help you out with advice and stuff, generally in paintball we all wanna help ppl just starting as we have all been there ourselves at some point.

x RENAGADE x 91

Platinum Member
May 10, 2007
Bristol
I am new to the sport aswell mate however i have shot both the Ion and a PMR i personally prefered the Ion stock over the PMR stock because i dont like the PMR stock trigger however this can easily be avoided by upgrading it lol... but now i have decided against both and gone for an Ego :p lol

Good luck in your hunt for gear :)

Mafney

May 10, 2006
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Cheers RobSJ, very helpful and yeah, I am looking into getting to one of the Snetterton Walk-On's sometime next month and then hopefully sorting out some equipment of my own afterwards.

wings

The Firm
Nov 30, 2007
Halifax
As everyone has said the most important part of your attire is your mask. So get that first and spend about £50 for either a very good new one or a slightly used top of the line model.

As far as the rest of the equipment goes set yourself a date and then slowly buy stuff between now and that date, trying to get lots of gear really quick will send your bank balance red and you will end up rushing and making bad decisions. To be honest if you buy a second hand matrix or ego you're not EVER going to get a bad marker so don't worry about it, it's much more important to find a mask you,re comfortable with.

mackemforever

Bristol Addiction
Nov 30, 2007
Yeah, listen to the people saying get a good mask first. Personally I didn't and then regretted it when I had to buy a 2nd one off here. The first mask I got was a cheap ass piece of crap I found on some random site and I just assumed that a mask was a mask and there was no point spending a lot.
In the end I settled for some vforce profilers and love them, very light and very comfy.

Nickeroo

Honorary Canadian
May 16, 2007
Wales
My advice with regards to getting kit are as follows: Do not scrimp when it comes to getting goggles, they are the most important piece of kit you will own. I would never get second hand goggles as you can't guarantee what abuse they've taken. Personally i would suggest you buy a new pair of JT proflexes, no-one i know has ever had issues with them, and i personally prefer them over any other goggle i own or have worn.